Strymon Deco slapback sound: help!

YOGA64

Inspired
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get this slapback sound, anyone have an idea how to get it?

It's the invert switch on the Strymon Deco that really adds something, can we get it?

Thanks for all your help :)

Last edited:
Right at the beginning, the switch is set to invert (it refers to the phase of the two "virtual" decks)

if all it's doing is phase reversing one side, then just use the "phase rev" parameter set it to "left" or "right"

Right at the beginning, the switch is set to invert (it refers to the phase of the two "virtual" decks)

In one of the factory presets on the Axe-FX II, there was a slapback that M@-man had created.

A similar signal patch could be AMP > CAB > PIT > REV > DELAY

Not in front of the AX8 right now but the Pitch block can be set to "Custom Shift" with modding the Master Delay and overall mix. This is a 'cheap mans' slapback quick and easy. Feed that into a Spring Reverb, then the reverb into a Delay block that is timed at 1/4 or 1/8 dot that matches your desired tempo of slapback.

If you have a song you're going for, that'd be fairly easy for me to whip up a preset for that you resembles this.

In one of the factory presets on the Axe-FX II, there was a slapback that M@-man had created.

Not in front of the AX8 right now but the Pitch block can be set to "Custom Shift" with modding the Master Delay and overall mix. This is a 'cheap mans' slapback quick and easy. Feed that into a Spring Reverb, then the reverb into a Delay block that is timed at 1/4 or 1/8 dot that matches your desired tempo of slapback.

If you have a song you're going for, that'd be fairly easy for me to whip up a preset for that you resembles this.

sledgehammer > nut

sledgehammer > nut

wT8FYzN.gif

Can someone please do this preset? This is beyond my mortal man understanding o the AX8 lol.

why would you need to use the custom shift? just use pitch detune with about 90ms of pre-delay. you could use an lfo to modulate the amount of detune.

Can someone please do this preset? This is beyond my mortal man understanding o the AX8 lol.

Can you give me an example with YT or other media for what tone/sound you're going for? I can build something later tonight on my AX8. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom