Strobe Tuner Idea re-visited

ctyelvis

I really like the strobe tuner idea!! Any chance of setting up a choice for the tuner to display as a Conn/Peterson type strob tuner Cliff?
:D
-Chris

Here is what Cliff said about this:

I actually tested a bunch of different algorithms including a strobe-based technique. In the end my original algorithm with a few tweak proved nearly as accurate as the strobe-based technique so I left it.

The strobe technique was cool and I had a little spinning display but I didn't think the marginal accuracy was worth all the extra code memory.

javajunkie said:
Here is what Cliff said about this:

I actually tested a bunch of different algorithms including a strobe-based technique. In the end my original algorithm with a few tweak proved nearly as accurate as the strobe-based technique so I left it.

The strobe technique was cool and I had a little spinning display but I didn't think the marginal accuracy was worth all the extra code memory.

if it takes up to much memory and takes away from the other aspects of the unit please don't add a strobe tuner the current one works pretty damn well. Although I like stobe tuners better I bought an Axe-Fx for tone not tuning and I'd rather have more system resources devoted to that. ;)

I've got a Strobo-Flip tuner which I love but the tuner in the Axe-FX works great and seems very accurate. In my situation, I only use the strobe tuner when I'm setting intonation.

rsf1977 said:
if it takes up to much memory and takes away from the other aspects of the unit please don't add a strobe tuner the current one works pretty damn well. Although I like stobe tuners better I bought an Axe-Fx for tone not tuning and I'd rather have more system resources devoted to that. ;)
+1
I vote no...

Back
Top Bottom