Not a Bug Strange Phase Issues [Solved]

Maybe try updating the driver, I have version 535.98 and no issues.

And also disable that HD audio driver if you don't use it, that's probably the soundcard embedded on your motherboard
I've tried to set affinity mask for interrupts (with ms interrupt affinity policy tool) - checking now.

Yup, it's my built-in soundcard... I've already disabled it in device manager, but see interruptions from it...

Yes, setting interrupts affinity mask definitely helps, I don't hear any audible clicks with buffer setted to 64 samples now.
LatencyMon shows same DPC lattency from gpu but now it's on other core))

Downloading new nvidia driver now)) after updating will check phase issues.

DLC86, many thanks! You really helped to set up my machine of doom))

Yes, setting interrupts affinity mask definitely helps, I don't hear any audible clicks with buffer setted to 64 samples now.
LatencyMon shows same DPC lattency from gpu but now it's on other core))

Downloading new nvidia driver now)) after updating will check phase issues.

DLC86, many thanks! You really helped to set up my machine of doom))
Glad it helped ;)

Reactions: BTU
Btw, I've had some issues in the past with some versions of the nvidia game ready drivers, since then I chose to install studio drivers only and had no issues afterwards.
Just downloaded studio driver) checking...

Upd: after updating I see 1 ms latency instead of 3. Not so impressive but in overall... There is no clicks and pops now) nice)

Last edited:
Second take is much nicer. I assume that my problem is probably solved. Thanks to all of you guys!
DPC_latency_check_1.png

Made tests for stability: unfortunately 3 of 9 shots are out of phase despite the fact that there are no audible clicks. Keep searching...

Checking waveforms. It seems that they are same but shifted.

I have major issues with phase of runing parallel outputs. Namely when I run output 1 into my Daw and output 3 into my daw seperate inputs I am getting phasing issues. Is this caused by several blocks on the grid if i take an output 1 block early before a send on the grid to another chain which then feeds to output 3? should i reverse these taking output 3 instead as the early one on the grid possible due to being more latent than output 1? Objective is to record the chain with the delay and reverb as a 100 percent wet but it phases when 100 percent dry and even when the delay and reverb blocks are bypassed

Is this caused by several blocks on the grid if i take an output 1 block early before a send on the grid to another chain which then feeds to output 3?
There must be the equal amount of same blocks in either chains if I understand correctly but you can use 100 wet delay block to align phase or aligning instrument in cab block

This is a ridiculously deep rabbit hole I've been digging into for months now.
Apparently this problem keeps resurfacing throughout the years and is tied to nVidia hardware. For some reason with some driver updates it just happens that DPC latency gets out of control and then it takes nVidia months and months to fix it. Especially hard because it only randomly affects people and there literally isn't any (known) common factor that would explain it. This already happened like 10 years ago then it got fixed then now it's resurfacing again,. I've had issues with this for very long months then all of a sudden one of the nVidia driver updates just completely fixed it. Didn't fix it for others, though.
The pont is, I'm sad to say but chasing to solve this is close to futile. The only thing that worked for me is installing some tremendously old driver but that caused other problems with stuff I'm regulary using. So just keep installing different driver versions and make sure to run LatencyMon multiple times and at least for 5 minutes each time to get an accurate idea.

At least I can just remove gpu while tracking guitar and/or reamping
DPC latency can be caused by many other components as well but if you see that the spikes are mostly caused by nvlddmkm.sys then yeah, you could do that too.

There must be the equal amount of same blocks in either chains if I understand correctly but you can use 100 wet delay block to align phase or aligning instrument in cab block
Makes a lot of sense. I never would have even considered this till now.

Computers are crazy. I once reamped a track and while it started at the same instant, suring the three minute song the result track became a second longer than the source track. .. .. all solved with a reboot.

Back
Top Bottom