strange marks on mew MFC mark III

jeppekristoffer

Power User
"Solved"! strange marks on mew MFC mark III

Look at the pic and tell me if you have the same.
They are evenly distributed on the top surface only.

Question answered, see post by Cliff further down!
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20131230_160445.jpg
    20131230_160445.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
It is the bolts that holds the switchboards.
Same as the ones that hold your fan on the Axe-Fx.

Those are Pem studs and are used to secure the circuit boards inside. Nothing to be concerned about.

:lol I knew that pattern looked familiar from my design and manufacturing days!

Thanks for the clarification Cliff - yer absolutely right - nothing to see here - move along ... ;)

Yes. Not a biggie from my perspective.
Not sure everyone would agree.
I think it looks very unprofessional and should be unnecessary.
Unless one can be convinced it is 3 times stronger (which would probably be overkill).

OTOH, yes, will be covered with dirt SOON ;)

For a new unit it looks indeed crappy, then again as stated, after in/out of gigs, rehearsals it probably will be dented and scratched anyway. Still kinda bad finishing work

For a new unit it looks indeed crappy, then again as stated, after in/out of gigs, rehearsals it probably will be dented and scratched anyway. Still kinda bad finishing work

:lol I'll live with the press marks and certainly do not want FAS putting a grinder to the sheet metal at the point the PEMs are securely attached just to pretty-up my "stomp" board. ;)

Com'on lets all crack open a beer and christen our MFCs - you know you want to! ;)

DISCLAIMER: :eek: for the love of God ... please do not crack open a beer and christen your MFCs.

When I sold my Ultra, the first guy that bought it complained about the PEM marks and insisted it was damaged. I explained what PEM studs did to no avail. In the interest of keeping my 100% positive feedback rating, I took it back and ate the shipping both ways... What a putz!

:lol I'll live with the press marks and certainly do not want FAS putting a grinder to the sheet metal at the point the PEMs are securely attached just to pretty-up my "stomp" board. ;)

Com'on lets all crack open a beer and christen our MFCs - you know you want to! ;)

DISCLAIMER: :eek: for the love of God ... please do not crack open a beer and christen your MFCs.

I wanna dent and abuse my own stuff my own way! ;).... Hmmm... beer eiy? ;)

Back
Top Bottom