Bug? Strange cab block behavior

ProfEmerald

Inspired
Hi,

Running latest firmware and Axe Edit. This is something I have noticed before but always thought I was just crazy or it was some weird user error - but I am finally able to recreate it consistently in a patch. As follows:

Cab block on channel A - all muted except for the second slot - User 1 cab 45
Solo the fourth block, User 1 cab 10
Go to channel B, and back to channel A
Immediately when you go back to channel A, you can see on the graph that the second slot graph is no longer User 45
Not a graphical issue - if you mute the fourth slot and play, the IR is clearly different than when you left Channel A to go to Channel B
In my case through trial and error I can see that the second slot, despite still saying User 1 45 (both in Axe Edit and on the front panel) is in fact User 1 cab 161 for some reason (verified by sound as well as graph) - A bit of further investigation, it seems to change to whatever cab is in slot 2 on channel B, even though the channel has clearly switched in axe edit as well as the front panel.

I don't think that is the only sequence of actions that can cause this to occur - just how I am currently able to consistently replicate it.

At the end of the day, if I am just switching between cab block channels tweaking or whatever, cab slots can seemingly randomly give me the wrong IR for the slot selected.

Patch attached. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• MRBW Mongrel 2.2023.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
You can also replicate it on a new patch with a single cab block with your instructions (Solo a slot in Channel A, change to channel B and back).
Looks like it doesn't reload Slot 2 when you go back to channel A even when you disable Solo button - it seems to have whatever Slot 2 Channel B had.

I had something like this happen to me recently but couldn't figure out how to reproduce it. I just tested it out and you're right. You can see on the align tab that it's referencing the curve for the wrong IR. I also got it to happen on one of my own presets, so it's not just yours.

I had something like this happen to me recently but couldn't figure out how to reproduce it. I just tested it out and you're right. You can see on the align tab that it's referencing the curve for the wrong IR. I also got it to happen on one of my own presets, so it's not just yours.
Thanks, good to know that others are experiencing the same thing. I have actually noticed this off and on for a good while now, so it isn't new with this, or any recent, firmware update.

Fixed for next release.

I’m a new Axe-Fx III customer. I have never seen a company identify a product issue and correct it in just one day before! If this is how Cliff and his team typically operate, I am very impressed. I have never seen this level support provided by any company I have done business with previously! I am very happy that I decided to make the move to Fractal products! Thank you Cliff!

I’m a new Axe-Fx III customer. I have never seen a company identify a product issue and correct it in just one day before! If this is how Cliff and his team typically operate, I am very impressed. I have never seen this level support provided by any company I have done business with previously! I am very happy that I decided to make the move to Fractal products! Thank you Cliff!
Looking at the timestamps of the original problem post and Cliff's solution post, I suspect that Cliff can fix bugs in his sleep. :D

Kidding aside, I doubt you'll find another company that responds to issues better than Fractal Audio.

You definitely picked the right product. :)

Back
Top Bottom