Strange behaviour - scene 1 to loud when accessed the first time in a preset

Hhuent

Experienced
I have several 5 scene presets, going from clean to overdrive, two modifiers are used.
When I switch to these presets,
- scene 1 shows at first the input trim at noon (knob 12 o clock, parameter = 1.000). The volume ist way to loud.
- Then I switch to scene 2. Input trim knob is at 9 o clock. Volume drops to the normal level.
- Then I switch back to scene 1: Input trim is now at 8 o clock as it should (but parameter = 1.000). Volume low.
When I recall this preset it starts all over again: scene 1 input trim at 12 o clock again, volume to loud.
These 5 scene presets are unusable this way. They start so loud they blow your ears out until you switch scenes.
This happens also when the Ax8 is not attached to Axe Edit (no usb connection).An external controller is NOT attached. Firmware is 8.02 b. Also happened with 8.0b.
I asked the guy who created these commercial presets. He checked and had no such problems.

What could be the reason with mine?

@Moke, made me aware of this earlier. Check the modifier menu for input trim and see, if PC reset is on. If it is, turn it off. (if it is off, I would try turning it on)

yes this is typically a modifier. similar bugs have been fixed in the past.

please upload the preset so the beta team can look and we can submit a bug report. thanks.

I had a similar problem on some purchased "5 Scene" presets - I originally attributed it to the author possibly mis-setting some of the scene modifier settings. Maybe it was this all along. I'll have to go back and review those.

yes this is typically a modifier. similar bugs have been fixed in the past.

please upload the preset so the beta team can look and we can submit a bug report. thanks.

Thank you Chris! Where can I upload the preset as it is commercial and I do not want to "publish" it that way.

I was thinking about posting this for a while.

I bought some 5 scene presets using drive modifiers per scene to adjust input drive.

They sound great and are used for 75% of my live tones.

I find the same issue. I have some presets set to auto select Scene 3 (my med drive) preset by default. When I select the preset the drive setting is all wrong. I need to select another scene (lower or higher drive) then scene 3 again to get the 'real' drive setting.

I'm not at home so cannot check the PC reset setting.

Bueller ???

I am the preset seller in question, and made that (unlisted) video for the OP :

Here it's working fine, however I did encounter the problem in the past, but very rarely, at random on one preset, and only after sessions where I tweaked many of these presets for many hours. When it happens, I go to another preset and come back to the "faulty" one and all is fine. It's like a random bug for me. Only happens with the AX8 version, not the Axe-Fx, for the same presets. It's like some information is not processed quick enough

Here it's working fine, however I did encounter the problem in the past, but very rarely, at random on one preset, and only after sessions where I tweaked many of these presets for many hours. When it happens, I go to another preset and come back to the "faulty" one and all is fine. It's like a random bug for me. Only happens with the AX8 version, not the Axe-Fx, for the same presets. It's like some information is not processed quick enough

Thanks for responding to this Fremen. It is your patches I was speaking of. At the time I first ran into it I really did not understand what was going on and just attributed it to operator error or some mis-set parameter on my AX8. I'll have to check the "PC reset" setting this weekend and see if that changes anything.

Thanks for posting here @fremen.
It happened to me that I could not reproduce this odd behaviour for some time this morning but then it came back.
For what it´s worth, like @Smittefar said, Program Change Reset (PC reset) set to OFF cures this. Still I think something strange happens as it worked for a while even if I did not set PC reset to off.
Chris offered to look into this and I poste a preset to him so he can check it out. He confirmed something like this happened before during testing the FW.
If there is a bug, I trust them they will fix it as they always do.
Thanks for your replies y`all...

Guys can you confirm the PC Reset selection is under MIDI in I/O. I remember this setting from the AXE FX but it isn't labelled the same on he AX-8 from what I can see.

Guys can you confirm the PC Reset selection is under MIDI in I/O. I remember this setting from the AXE FX but it isn't labelled the same on he AX-8 from what I can see.
It's in every Modifier screen, not a global menu.

Back
Top Bottom