Strange behaviour footswitch via FC12

Vecordia

Hi guys,

Today I got a new Boss FS-6 dual footswitch to add it to my setup. While configuring it, I came across a strange issue.

I connected the FS-6 with a stereo cable (from the A/B out) into the FC-12 1/2 switch input. then I went ahead and selected the latching type at both of the FS6 small switches, assigned the bypass status of two blocks respectively to the corresponding switches of the FS 6 unit and selected the right polarity for the light to lit when effect is on, also with the small switches of the FS6 unit.

While one of the two switches works normally, the other does not. What happens is that when I hit the pedal for a first time, the block gets engaged, but when I hit it for a second time to bypass it again, it wont react. That is: I hit the pedal once, then the effect becomes active (bypass off), I hit it for a second time, and it does not react, I hit the switch once more, and it gets bypassed again. it is like it is skipping one of the hits all the time.

I checked polarity, reversed the switches that were assigned to the different blocks and changed cables for both different TRS and a Y cable. Always same issue and with same pedal. I then changed the cable from the 1/2 to the 3/4 input of the FC12 and then it works normal. I'd say it may be a hardware issue at the FC12 unit, as I cannot otherwise find an explanation. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have my unit in front of me. On one of the FC pages, you can set the Tip/Ring behavior per port as well as a virtual toggle/hardware selection. Make sure you check this if you haven't already.

Thanks so much for your super fast reaction. I don't have time right now to test this, but looked into my axe configuration screen and indeed I have one of the switches behaviour selected differently (virtual toggle) than the other three, so this seems to be clearly the issue. Cheers mate!

Back
Top Bottom