Strange behavior on start up with XL+. Is this normal?

gtrjunkie

Inspired
I have all factory patches loaded in A,B and C. I use D bank for my own stuff. If I'm playing a patch in D bank and shut it off, the next time I turn it on, it shows that D bank patch on the display but quickly reverts to a factory patch I played last.

Do you have a MIDI controller connected? If so many controllers transmit a PC message on power up.

do you have a midi controller connected? if so it maybe sending a preset change at start up. upon power up my xl always goes to scene 1 of the patch it was on when it powered down.

The MFC is a MIDI controller. The 'M' stands for MIDI.

Ok, I unplugged the MFC and it stays on the D bank patch. Any idea what in the MFC or Axe settings is causing this? I just went from the 2 to the XL+ a few weeks ago. Don't think I made any changes on the MFC settings.

Ok, I unplugged the MFC and it stays on the D bank patch. Any idea what in the MFC or Axe settings is causing this? I just went from the 2 to the XL+ a few weeks ago. Don't think I made any changes on the MFC settings.

Many controllers transmit a PC message on power up. The MFC is one of them.

are you using the mfc to get the ax on the d bank patch or front panel? if using the front panel the mfc is possibly going to the last selected patch(mfc patch). the d bank maybe what you changed since you got the xl +

you can program the mfc to send program changes above 384.

Ok, thanks. I did some reading up on it and see how that can be done. No biggie though, I can just I can just move some patches around. I'll probably just put the factory ones in D,E and F

Back
Top Bottom