Strandberg Alex Machacek Model

Sleestak

Power User
Greetings.

I'm considering the purchase of a Strandberg Alex Machacek Model 6 string. Does anyone have insight / recommendations about Strandbergs in general, and perhaps specifically this model? I'm a rock / fusion player, and this seems like a great guitar. OK... bring it on!

They are apparently great, however, as with many small shops, it can be hit or miss....i would research/google the model specififcally and NGD threads, and see what pops up.....see how their QC is, as this has been a problem lately. Good luck, it sounds nice FWIW

My comment on Strandbergs in general is that I can't believe they are selling an Indonesian made guitar for $2k+. Cool guitars though. I'd like to have one, but no way I'm paying that for a SE Asian made guitar.

That's just me though.

My comment on Strandbergs in general is that I can't believe they are selling an Indonesian made guitar for $2k+. Cool guitars though. I'd like to have one, but no way I'm paying that for a SE Asian made guitar.

That's just me though.
Well, a Swedish made Strandy would be custom, no longer even possible and were probably 5 grand. Japanese made SB’s are almost as much. USA selects run around $3,300.00. The inherent racism in declaring SE Asia made guitars not worth the money aside, the argument for pricing is entirely relative. Things are made outside US. Its a big planet. Lots of people. My Korean WMIC Strandberg is 3.5 years old and easily the best guitar I have, which includes a VWH777 JEM, a Gibson LP, an EC Artist Series (made in the USA), three Music Mans, a few Carvins, and so on.

Price is relative, the market will bear, and you don’t really have firsthand experience regarding this.

As for the original post, theres not much reason for the extra $100 for this particular signature series over a standard Boden Fusion 6 trem unless you just have to have the wine red, which is admittedly nice. If you like put a ring in it.

As for the original post, theres not much reason for the extra $100 for this particular signature series over a standard Boden Fusion 6 trem unless you just have to have the wine red, which is admittedly nice. If you like put a ring in it.
I thought the Fusion was also available in that color?

I think the signature has different pickups?

I thought the Fusion was also available in that color?

I think the signature has different pickups?
Been searching around for the last few minutes, I think there were until they decided to give him a sig model. The current lines don’t appear to have red aside from the Alex M versions.
No idea about the pickups. The SD Jazz and JB pups in mine are fine. Not spectacular, but fine. As with all stock pickups, they are placeholders IMO. I had Laces put in it to try it out but they sounded pretty much sounded the same in either position, so I put the originals back in. Thinking about some Bareknuckles down the road.

I'm a huge Parker fan so when the company closed I decided to look into other light and progressive instruments. I had my eyes on Strandberg for a while. I bought one and could not bond with it. That being said, the finish was impeccable, it played very well and was well set up out of the box. It was also quite nice sounding. But I could not justify that much money for something that would be played only occasionally.

I'm a huge Parker fan so when the company closed I decided to look into other light and progressive instruments. I had my eyes on Strandberg for a while. I bought one and could not bond with it. That being said, the finish was impeccable, it played very well and was well set up out of the box. It was also quite nice sounding. But I could not justify that much money for something that would be played only occasionally.
I didn’t bond with the LP either. It’s there. Maybe someday we’ll get along. No guitar is going to be the end all be all for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom