Stolen FM9

NAT BRIEGEL

Hi everyone,
my FM9 was stolen a week ago in my brother's house in Fort Myers (Florida).
The serial number is: FM9-AC-961118
Please be careful if you search for a second hand unit, as it has been reported to the police.
If anyone runs into it, thanks for letting me know..
Cheers

Last edited:
That sucks. Hopefully they're able to find/recover it for you.

Any chance it was insured? I pay MusicPro Insurance about $200/year ($15K in coverage, $100 deductible) for any gear I take outside of my house (i.e. that wouldn't be covered by the rider on my homeowner's policy). I've never had a claim, so I may have been better off just sticking that $200 away each year. I'm not sure most people budget for theft or other loss though. For me, the insurance premium is simpler. FWIW :)

That sucks. Hopefully they're able to find/recover it for you.

Any chance it was insured? I pay MusicPro Insurance about $200/year ($15K in coverage, $100 deductible) for any gear I take outside of my house (i.e. that wouldn't be covered by the rider on my homeowner's policy). I've never had a claim, so I may have been better off just sticking that $200 away each year. I'm not sure most people budget for theft or other loss though. For me, the insurance premium is simpler. FWIW :)
As I said it was stolen at my brother's house, so he probably has some kind of coverage for that kind of situation..

Hi everyone,
my FM9 was stolen a week ago in my brother's house in Fort Myers (Florida).
The serial number is: FM9-AC-961118
Please be careful if you search for a second hand unit, as it has been reported to the police.
If anyone runs into it, thanks for letting me know..
Cheers
That sucks!! I'm sorry man. Replacing a waitlist item is a huge pain in the butt; both time and money. I hope you get it back and they arrest the criminal.

I am also on the East coast. I will keep an eye out. They typically end up in pawn shops shortly after the theft. The cops will start checking there. I had a friend that had one of his expensive bass guitars stolen and it was found in a pawn shop not real far from where it was stolen. They had just taken it in.

I have Heritage insurance as well. I had one payout for a wireless unit that got broken at a gig. They paid out pretty fast on it. I can highly recommend them. I have been a customer of theirs for well over a decade. All it takes is one expensive guitar to be stolen and it pays for itself. Although, at the price of my annual payment to them and the amount of time I have been paying them would buy a couple of really nice high end guitars.

You might check the local music and pawn shops, as it's not likely basic burglars would be interested in or actually understand what a FM9 is?

Last edited:
I would call fractal and see if they could tell if that machine ever goes online. I suppose they at best might only see AxeEdit if it all however. Curious.

The more I think about it this, it is highly unlikely… But who knows other than FAS

Sorry to hear of the theft of your FM9. I am currently in the Fort Myers area and will keep my eyes peeled for it. I do gig here and I do own an FM9T. It really sucks that thieves are allowed to roam the earth. :p

sorry to hear, hope you can replace it quickly!
Too bad us owners cant remotely brick the device when it get stolen once it connects to the internet, or password protect the device at boot-up.

Sorry to hear, I had my whole mesa triaxis rig stolen years ago, it’s devastating, I feel your pain. I will keep an eye out as well. Good luck with the situation.

Sorry brother. I'm just north of you in Venice so i'll keep an eye on marketplace and such.

Sooner or later, that unit is going to be plugged into the net to do an update. Does Fractal monitor the S/N when an update is made? Would be a nice type of "Find my iPhone" mechanism.

Sooner or later, that unit is going to be plugged into the net to do an update. Does Fractal monitor the S/N when an update is made? Would be a nice type of "Find my iPhone" mechanism.
Someone made posts previously about putting an Apple AirTag in their FM9 for that functionality. I looked into it for myself, but I think there are some limitations for the case of being stolen. If I remember correctly, after a certain period of time, the AirTag will let any new iPhones it is traveling with of it's presence, which seems like it could kind of defeat the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom