STOKED!!!! (Atomic Content)

ventura

Experienced
Well, lookee here... Just arrived this morning :)

CLR-unpacked.JPGCLRs.jpg

Off the bat, the level of finish is awesome; and the packaging job is pretty damn fine if I do say so myself.

Will be having fun this week :D

Mo

Nitpicking..........................I would have gone with the "Mushroom Cloud" for the logo on the front grill.

Nitpicking..........................I would have gone with the "Mushroom Cloud" for the logo on the front grill.

Sure, there's always something. But honestly? Up close and personal, these things look svelte and bomber!! Very sexy. I like the logo ;)

Is there any way to remove the logo you think? I mean, I love the matrix q12a for its stealth look. It's a minor detail but I think I will try to remove that white thing on it if order one.

The way thing are looking now, I'm leaning away from the matrix q12a and against the atomic CLR.

Is there any way to remove the logo you think? I mean, I love the matrix q12a for its stealth look. It's a minor detail but I think I will try to remove that white thing on it if order one.

The way thing are looking now, I'm leaning away from the matrix q12a and against the atomic CLR.
If I read this right, you're against both the q12a AND the CLR?? Or you are leaning towards the CLR?? Just axin'....

Just had a good look at the front end. The metal guard is adhered to the chassis with a few screw. The logo looks as though it's adhered through a back screw/rivet kinda dealio - but I haven't pulled the screen to know for sure. However, if I had to guess - you could easily remove the logo without any detriment to the screen, or at least not much.

But remember - TK makes a living on selling good products. It's nice to know when you're out and about gigging that people see that little logo. What goes around.... ;)

Mo

I'm following this thread and the one at Rig Talk and so far neither delivers. I want some "Damn, this has the amp in the room stuff I've been looking for" type stuff.

I'm following this thread and the one at Rig Talk and so far neither delivers. I want some "Damn, this has the amp in the room stuff I've been looking for" type stuff.
Check RT. I've posted initial thoughts. FAS server's been too busy.

So here it is:

Wow.

There's something to be said about the true stereo panning and all... But that's just kidstuff. Alright, these things have got the following qualities that are first and foremost in-yer-face evident:

- They have the capability to be bloody loud!!
- A/B'ing them with quality headphones as well as studio monitors, they're bang on as to true signal repro
- They're exceptionally crisp, detailed, and complex sounding
- They're easy to set up
- They have a big sweetspot aurally
- Dead quiet
- Easy to get natural amp style feedback from guitar

I've got nothing to compare them to in the world of FRFR, but man, wow....

More soon to follow!!
Mo

With just amp block -> cab block and one of JM's IR's, the CLR's are there to my ears.

But I don't make any promises to anyone else chasing the amp in the room tone from a modeler.

I can tell from being on this forum, and watching the debate about amp in the room, my tastes are generally not the same as the amp in the room chasing crowd. For example, I dig an SM57 and Royer121 close miking a Celestion greenback. I dig that sound. It does not sound like the amp in the room, but I don't care either, I just like it.

Richard

If I read this right, you're against both the q12a AND the CLR?? Or you are leaning towards the CLR?? Just axin'....

my bad, yes.. towards. I'm thinking about buying the CLR instead of the q12a. matrix q12a 0 - 1 Atomic CLR.

Maybe I have to deal with the logo :p

my bad, yes.. towards. I'm thinking about buying the CLR instead of the q12a. matrix q12a 0 - 1 Atomic CLR.

Maybe I have to deal with the logo :p

If you could hear what my ears have been hearing all day, your concern for the logo will seriously.....melt away :mrgreen

Check RT. I've posted initial thoughts. FAS server's been too busy.

So here it is:

Wow.

There's something to be said about the true stereo panning and all... But that's just kidstuff. Alright, these things have got the following qualities that are first and foremost in-yer-face evident:

- They have the capability to be bloody loud!!
- A/B'ing them with quality headphones as well as studio monitors, they're bang on as to true signal repro
- They're exceptionally crisp, detailed, and complex sounding
- They're easy to set up
- They have a big sweetspot aurally
- Dead quiet
- Easy to get natural amp style feedback from guitar

I've got nothing to compare them to in the world of FRFR, but man, wow....

More soon to follow!!
Mo
Great to hear that your digging them so far, Mo! Have you tried any of Jay's FF IRs yet?

-TK

Back
Top Bottom