Still trying to find a way to change multiple blocks per preset w/ 1 IA

krcassid

Inspired
Finally getting around to trying to set up my MFC the "right' way.

I know this has been covered a lot: controlling multiple blocks with a single IA. But, I thought I had a solution by using the external switches which can be set "per preset" to override global settings. I actually built a 4 switch box but realized I'm still stuck (I think????) Although the external swiches will control blocks "per preset" you still must map multiple blocks to the same CC, rendering them inseperable in other situations, right?

My desire: to be able to toggle multiple blocks with a single switch in a given preset and NOT lose independant control of those blocks in other presets.

Typical situation: going from rythm to lead want to turn on 1.) a drive, 2.) My Y delay value and 3.) a compressor and maybe 4.) Y Amp setting

Obviosly, I can't get to all four of these IAs fast and I don't want to assign the above 3-4 items to the same global CC as they will then always act together, right?

So, is there still no way to work around this?

I realize I can accomplish the same thing by creating a second preset with the values for "lead" changed and then flip back. But, I am hearing people say that the preset changes are slow. They would have to be near-instantaneous to make the 2 preset approach work.

If it is still not possible to control multiple blocks with an IA, can anybody comment on how fast the MFC changes presets in a live situation?

Thx!

Set the "Bypass"of all the effects you want to bypass / enable at the same time to an External Controller say EXT6 then set an IA switch to the CC of EXT6.

For XY you could include up to 6 more CCs on the IA: second easy-program CC plus 5 with custom hex. Then individual XY switches can still be used.

You can optionally use I/O: CTRL bypass CCs instead of an EXT CTRL for bypass, if you'd usually want the IA to toggle the same group.

Thx guys! I knew the bypass trick and that will work. I was just wondering if anybody had come up with something new. I think the solution will be a master xy that flips all the xys but the bypass trick will work almost as well

Back
Top Bottom