Bug? Still popping amps in 9.02

volt

Inspired
After upgrading to firmware 9.02 I still get a pop with the amp set to Brit Pre, Boutique 1 or Boutique 2. It happens on presets created from scratch as well as on V9 factory presets (e.g. 041 Boutique 1, 140 Enumerating Ravens, 223 Rackmount Preamps X2, 235 Basic Brit Pre). USB is not connected. Gate on or off does not matter. Any suggestions what could be wrong?

Can you post two patches?

Yes I could, but the mentioned patches are unaltered factory patches and therefore already available.

The pop occurs, when switching to one of these presets containing the Brit Pre, Boutique 1 or Boutique 2 amp. It does not matte if I am switching presets by turning the value knob of the Axe-Fx II or by MFC-101.

Futhermore the pop also occurs when you start from scratch, add an amp block, go to the amp tab and select one of the three named amps. It pops in the moment when the selector switches over to one of these amps. At this point the preset has not even been saved (but that does not make a difference). Same result for already existing patches when changing their amp type to Brit Pre, Boutique 1 or Boutique 2.

I can confirm that these presets do have a slight pop. It definitely is there although not nearly as bad as what I was experiencing with 9.01. Did you open a support ticket for this?

Thanks for testing, RichHowe. No, I did not open a support ticket yet. I wanted to wait and see for some days, if someone has the same experience and/or has a tip how to solve the issue.

I get the same thing, with the same three preamps.

Cliff had asked for examples to be sent to Fractal support in another thread. I did this, and was told by Support to send to a different address. From that address, I was told that it wasn't considered a bug (note that I had reported it as a thump when changing preamp models, but not when changing presets, so it wasn't something you'd be likely to do in performance). The fact that it still occurs whne changing presets may just resurrect that to bug status, if you report it as such.

Thanks for confirming. Are you able to record an example and make it available here?

Can't for the moment. Am waiting for the new axe edit to post the two presets. I have added the comment to the fas thread announcing 9.02. Am sure a lot of users have the problem so guess Cliff and co will take action

The popping on mine went away after upgrading to 9.02. I did change many presets as I was playing (same bank as before) and no popping. It did not do it all the time before though.

@hussamd. Have you tried a preset with boutique 1 or 2 as amp? Also add some delay. That is when i get the loud popping

The amps I am using are Izzy V4, IIC normal, Recto Orange Modern. I heard the pop before when I switched from IIc to Recto. They both have delay. After the upgrade I did not hear it last night. It does not happen all the time so that is not a definite indication that it has been fixed.

Ah ok. I hear you. You should just change the amp of one of your presets into say boutique 2, save it somewhere and then change preset from there...that is when the dirty pop appears

Mine started to do this today for some reason. I added one preset and ta-dah~ brit pre and boutique 1 & 2 started popping.
I'm not 100% sure it's the preset here to blame though.

Same thing happens while changing into presets involving these particular amps.

I still have the popping sound with those amps. Waiting for fw 9.03 or 10 to hopefully solve this.

I have pop noises when switching presets too. But this occurs almost with evry preset! Even factory presets :-S
I have read in wiki something about having VOL parameter assigned to an external pedal can cause this, but I need this assignment, so I don't know how can I fix this

EDIT: Ok, it seems this have something to do with DELAY block. The pop noise occurs in presets with a high delay effect.

Something curious:

I have taken a preset with pop noise. Then I have deactivated the DLY block and stored. Now when switching to this preset, pop noise is no longer there. THEN I have reactivated DLY block again and stored, and the pop noise still is NOT there.

SO, I have tried simply to re-store presets even without changing anything in them, and the pop dissapears...really curious

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom