Stereo through studio headphones

ATCGOD

I just bought a pair of Senheiser HD280 Pro studio headphones. I used one input on the back of the AX8, but only can get sound on one side. Is it possible to get a true stereo connection? Will it involve a "splitter" of sorts? Thanks.

I just bought a pair of Senheiser HD280 Pro studio headphones. I used one input on the back of the AX8, but only can get sound on one side. Is it possible to get a true stereo connection? Will it involve a "splitter" of sorts? Thanks.
Odds are you'd want to plug into like a recording interface or like a headphone amp where you could send the left and right channels of the AX8 out, and then plug your headphones into whatever device you were using. I don't think you'll get any stereo effect plugging into one output on the AX8.

You might also look at your preset and set it to SUM L+R (like in the amp or cab block - can't remember which)

Hope this helps!

The AX8 output jacks are TS, not TRS, so regardless of any setting you will always only hear one phone side from a single jack.

You can use a Y "splitter" (TRS to dual TS) but you will have much better luck using a proper headphone amp, such as is available in many audio interfaces and mixers.

Thanks for asking! This was one of the questions I had, as I remember the Axe2 having a dedicated headphone jack.

Any recommendations on a decent headphone amp thats easy on the wallet :)

Any recommendations on a decent headphone amp thats easy on the wallet :)
Get a little cheapie mixer that has a headphone jack. Headphone amplification is a fairly undemanding job as audio things go, and it'll sound fine. And sooner or later, you'll come up with something to use the mixing function for. :)

Back
Top Bottom