Stereo Looper (Ultra)

Do you want this feature?

• Total voters

Enzo Sutera

Inspired
Since the 2 Loopers on the Ultra are mono and I use to record stereo loops live, the only way to record a stereo loop is to use both looper blocks with a volume block in front of each one sending one side only to the each looper. This way you loose the Delay blocks. I´m using the Multidelay ones now but they take more CPU, have no spillover and they are mono in.
Would not be nice to have a selectable input stereo/mono mode on the Looper? Or even better one 16 seconds Stereo Looper block only? Who needs two Mono Looper blocks anyway?

The looper is a mode of the existing Delay block. It therefore carries all the limitations of the Delay block, most importantly, memory. A stereo looper mode is a possibility, but it would be limited to 8 seconds.

Since most guitars are mono, mono loopers are the norm in the guitar world. The same memory rules apply as well. As soon as you make something stereo, you lose half of your looping time.

scarr said:
The looper is a mode of the existing Delay block. It therefore carries all the limitations of the Delay block, most importantly, memory. A stereo looper mode is a possibility, but it would be limited to 8 seconds.

I know.. at the moment I get a 16 seconds Stereo Looper using 2 Delay and 2 Volume blocks.. just wondering if it would be possible to implement it with one block only. An 8 seconds Stereo Looper could be a welcome option as well IMHO

Enzo Sutera said:
scarr said:

I know.. at the moment I get a 16 seconds Stereo Looper using 2 Delay and 2 Volume blocks.. just wondering if it would be possible to implement it with one block only. An 8 seconds Stereo Looper could be a welcome option as well IMHO

Probably not going to happen. Cliff has stated in the past that he didn't intend to develop it much further (not that he can't change his mind) and to give it its own block would take a lot more memory than just staying in the delay block. Stereo looper might be doable.

Back
Top Bottom