Step by step instructions on how to update AXE?

archangel

I have 2x2 anniversary midi device...is there a step by step instruction on-line for how to update my Ultra?

Also, how about step by step instructions on how to save presets...I promise I'll bookmark the info on my computer.

As a somewhat newbie, I'll say I had much better luck with Bome's SendSX than the MIDI Ox. It's a super simple interface.

Sure. SendSX is way simpler and all you need for day to day Axe-FX uses.
Install the midi device drivers and connect everything correctly with good cables. Download and install SendSX, select your 2x2 as midi-in and midi-out. (*) Turn down the output volume knobs on your axe-fx. Download and unzip the applicable firmware. Empty the midi-out window in sendsx and doubleclick the firmware.syx file. Prepare the Axe-FX (utility button, yada yada). Hit send.

(*) Here you might choose to make a backup of your banks currently in the Axe-FX. Utility > page > senn bank midi dump or something like that. Save SendSX's in-window to a file and empty it befoire sending the next bank.

Read the release notes until your previous version three times attentively and thoughtfully.

The update I just did, I used the current editor. No dramas, all worked as it should. Before that, I always used the old non-FAS editor. Again, no problems there. :)

mwd said:
I'm a fan of the new editor. Faster than Bome for me.
Sure, but the editor didn't get 8.01 in. I didn't try again but SendSX did work first time. It's good to have options. 8.02 I went straight to SendSX. No drama either, I have SendSX installed so all I do is download the firmware, rightclick in the DownThemAll-window to go to folder it's stored, unpack it and doubleclick. Can't be simpler.

The editor couldn't go faster than SendSX at the fastest setting. That's the top speed the hardware allows. Sort of.

Back
Top Bottom