Start checking units shipped by UPS right away....... Matrix GT1000FX DOA

Dr. Willy

I know a week or so ago a member posted about how his Axe II arrived screwed up from the min he had it cause UPS handled it like a bunch of gorillas. Well my brand new Matrix just arrived and i just got it all plugged in and its broken. Non of the front leds turn on, the unit was clicking at me over and over when turned it on. The only thing that worked in it was the orange led in the back of the unit. I have contacted Matrix already waiting to hear back from them, just really sick of seeing broken stuff cause some people dont care about what they do for a living.

UPS, FED f..ki..g X all the same, just received a $3000.00 dollar guitar with a broken head stock!!! Hate these shipping companies!!!

Not my experience: I haved used UPS and FedEx to ship and receive dozens and dozens of acoustic guitars, electric guitars and tube heads and combos from all over the country. Knock wood, never an issue.

Not my experience: I haved used UPS and FedEx to ship and receive dozens and dozens of acoustic guitars, electric guitars and tube heads and combos from all over the country. Knock wood, never an issue.

Same here. Never a single problem in all the years I've used them. I suspect the local delivery in some people's area is the culprit.

I've just received my Matrix GT1000FX by UPS from UK to Poland and it works perfectly :)

And good luck ever getting an insurance claim out of them. :p

If you ship from a UPS location and ask for insurance, they will visually inspect the packing job and make sure it qualifies. If not, they will pack it for you so it does. Then they will guarantee any insurance claim for damage. If you pack it yourself and ship over the web or even from some third party stores like Mailboxes Etc then you're out of luck on claims. They key is going to an actual UPS location and having them inspect it.

My personal experience has been overwhelmingly positive with both UPS and FedEx for all sorts of instruments and other high value gear over the years. I've bought and sold dozens of times on Ebay as well as buying new from online stores. The only issue I ever had was one FedEx driver in particular when I lived in a fairly remote area of Arkansas that would always claim the package was undeliverable when he didn't want to drive all the way out to where we lived. I still got the package intact but it was frustrating when you expected deliver of some new gear (especially on a Friday) and didn't get it until several days later.

I worked at UPS for six months about 25 years ago. That place was crazy. They wanted everything 110% but never once said be careful with it! LOL. We used to throw all the broken packages over the belt and onto the floor for pickup. The manager even called a meeting to tell us are section just broke the record for loading a truck! But we can do better!!!! Can you believe that.

UPS destroyed my MFC (FAS of course made it right). Have had nothing but trouble with them (too many damaged items and unpaid claims to mention), I always use the USPS (faster, cheaper and safer IMO) unless the shipper insists on one of the other companies.

When I sold my (working) Ultra I packed in its original packaging, brought it to a UPS store and paid the insurance. They did not say THEN that they had to pack/inspect it to buy insurance - that's just messed up. The unit arrived defective and UPS denied the claim when it came back saying the packaging was fine. So I got screwed paying $60 for the original shipping and no claim or refund for the shipping/insurance. FAS made it right by fixing the unit for free including shipping it back to me. Stellar support!

Just to add a little tangential info to the thread.

I have all my musical equipment insured through Heritage (Travelers). That insurance includes any shipping I do of equipment that I own and that is listed on the policy.

It is a relief to not have to worry about potential claims with a shipper.

And good luck ever getting an insurance claim out of them. :p
+1 The biggest game of "shift the blame" you'll ever see.

The overwhelming majority of my packages have arrived in good shape, so I can't complain. And I've had a lot of guitars, amps, pro sound gear, etc bought and sold over the years! But when there has been an issue, I have always ended up paying for it. It just isn't worth losing a good customer over.

Last edited:
For the most part i have had good success also expect this last time which is frustrating.

There was one time fedex completely lost my packege, it never arrived at its destination and was never seen again. I filed a claim and they denied it (had paid for insurence also). They made me prove how much everything was worth (box full of car parts) which i had reciepts for everything thankfully. Then they denied it again. I final got sick of them and sent them small claims court papers and i had my remberstment check within 3 days.

I've been told that when you file a claim with UPS, they'll always deny your claim initially hoping you'll just drop it an go away. You have to be persistent about it and keep on them if you ever want to have even a slight chance of seeing a dime out of them.

Back
Top Bottom