Standard Freezing and horrible crackle sound

The crackle sound happened in the past for a while but it stopped so I just blew it off until now. It froze up randomly the other day. I was playing and the unit just restarted itself randomly...I continued playing with it and it froze up on me....No signal....no buttons worked. I restarted it....it took forever to boot up...and then would freeze or restart as soon as I started playing. For a few hours I couldn't even play on it. Then it started only freezing randomly again. It has been a week or so now since it froze and it hasn't done it again. It is plugged into a power conditioner with another axefx and the other axefx had no problems during this time so I feel like I can rule a power issue out. But the crackling sound is back. I thought it was an issue with the gate or something but I took the gate completely off and it didn't fix the problem. Seemed like it only happened with low end breakdown style chugs for a while...but now it happens all the time. There is no way to get a good tone...it just sounds terrible. Nothing is clipping. I have two friends with axefx as well. I copied my exact patch into both of there axefx and it works like a charm, sounds great. I might add that this crackle is just as random as the freezing. Sometimes it won't do the crackle for 30min-an hour or so....but it typically always comes back. Sometimes a power cycle fixes it for a while and it will sound great again. Idk if these problems are related or not? Anyone else experience the crackling sounds? I've seen plenty of posts on the freezing but none on the crackle.

Ouch!...I'm waiting for Fractal supports response on this one. I play live with my Standard 3x weekly, I would be screwed if I had to go back to my old POD while the issue gets repaired.
I have had a similar issue with inter- patch gain levels that are too hot (peak out LEDs peaking). The unit would go silent, then re-boot, or have to be shut down manually.
How bout it Fractal whaz up?

The forum is not an official support channel. If you believe your unit is defective contact support. This section is for "bugs". A defective unit does not classify as a bug. Contact support and arrange to have the unit serviced.

after 2 months of waiting fractal has told me that they could not reproduce the problem. Looks like I'm stuck with a broken axe-fx. They just left it running for 2 weeks and expected it to freeze. After that didn't work I told them they actually needed to play through it. And nothing. I don't understand. If it comes back and is still broken I'm going to be very upset.

Back
Top Bottom