Stand In Switches (Hold Function ?) RESOLVED

Good question. The Stand-In switches tab on the Axe FX III only has parameters for assigning the layout and switch you wish to use. Nothing for setting polarity --- that appears on the Remote screen. Thanks for trying! Maybe I'll just stumble my way into a solution. IMG_1270.JPG
What you see here is that I am choosing 4 switch assignments form Layout 6. This works perfectly for TAP function. When I assign a hold function in Axe Edit, it defaults to the hold funtion and tap is lost.

What is on your goto page.

Your switch layout should look something similar to this..... as my top switch is.

F93D4809-0634-4FCB-89C2-28F688935AC5.jpeg

OMG - I finally fixed this. Sometimes you just gotta start from scratch and re-program. It was definitely the REVERSE polarity issue on the switch -- which I have accurately assigned now. Won't bore with long details, but suffice it to say that the Moskey 2 button switches I am using were what confused me. Turns out that the left button is switch 2 and the right button is switch 1. I naturally assumed that the left button would be switch 1 and the right button would be switch 2, like we read, you know --- left to right. So I was testing all the configurations on the left switch, which was actually switch 2 but was I programming everything in the Axe like it was switch 1. Clear as mud?

It's working now. Thanks to all that helped out. No need for the man in the orange shirt. At least THIS time.

Ha ha. I actually use the FC-6 AND these external switches!!!! 10 physical buttons, all with tap/hold functions, and multiple layouts. The platform is so powerful.

FC6 is awesome.....but adding that on a board is the same as adding another FM3 In weight/size and more $$
Not my goal.

That’s awesome ncockerill, you just gained 2 switches with ZERO weight or space gain ;)
Actually four, teddis. I've got two of these two-button switches. Here's a shot of my board. You can see these switches on the bottom left and bottom right of the board, labeled Clean, Drive, Crunch, and Lead. IMG_1273.JPGi
This board leads to my AxeFX III of course. Question is: what I am going to do when I get my FM3?!

Ahh, even better. You will love the FM3 man, LOVE. It will get an update soon but it’s been rock solid for 2 weeks here.
I leave it on almost perm. It has never hung up even once.

i never used the Looper on AX8, cause it was not easy to navigate and use, that has all changed now. Tones, well they are AXE III.

Hey guys, I too have the Mosky dual switch and TRS cable hooked up. How come I don't get a menu item to "reverse" polarity? I ask as I'm trying to get the hold function to work and thought I read someone using the Mosky used reverse polarity.

Last edited:
Did something get changed in the firmware update? I can’t change polarity “reverse” in my menu, as posted by teddis.

Last edited:
How come I don't get a menu item to "reverse" polarity?
There's still a polarity option. Your choices are now called Normally Open and Normally Closed. This makes more sense, because one switch's normal can be another switch's reverse. :)

Last edited:
There's still a polarity option. Your choices are now called Normally Open and Normally Closed. This makes more sense, because one switch's normal can be another switch's reverse. :)
Thanks Rex! Got it sorted, makes sense now and once you understand the setup it's easy.

Reactions: Rex
I am in the same situation with an AX3 and a FC-6 and a 4-button footswitch (connects from the 4-button footswitch to the FC-6 with two TRS cables).

It is a 4 button momentary footswitch (dual 2 button pedal).

Dimensions: 4.72 x 3.71 x 1.33 inches.

I can get the 4 buttons to work as "Tap" but the "Hold" will override whatever is set as Tap unless I leave the TAP unassigned in the AXE-EDIT III.

Here is what the seller had told me before I purchased the pedal:

Notes on Fractal settings: These switches are momentary (normally open type.) Choose the polarity option “Normal” or “momentary make” switch in Fractal setup menu for the Tip and Ring polarity.

Where do we go to make this change? I am assuming my "choices are now called Normally Open and Normally Closed" but I am not sure where in the AX3 I would change them.

I have four BOSS FS-5U's and they work fine in this scenario so I have been reading through several related posts but I haven't found the answer yet.

EDIT: Found their location and adjusted them on the AX3 to make all 4 buttons work with TAP/HOLD.

SETUP->FC Controller->Enter->Page Right to Remote->Then down to Ext. Switch 1 Polarity->Select Reverse

Changed the Ext. Switch 2, 3, 4 Polarity to Reverse and all four now work with TAP/HOLD.

4 Button Footswitch.jpg

Now I have an FC-10 :)

Last edited:
Well.....the wonderful Mr. Matt called me to troubleshoot the problem. Incredible dedication to a product to call someone in another country on Saturday, thank you Matt !!!

Turns out the switch that is pictured in the first post is a "Momentary Break" type switch with REVERSE POLARITY.
Matt was able to determine this through his incredible skills with the unit.

Set up per these pictures, fixed. thank you again Matt !!
Una hora me la pasé intentando por mi cuenta. Gracias por la ayuda!

Back
Top Bottom