Stand for axe fx when in gator case?

What are you guys using to elevate your axe fx when its in something like a gator case? I want to start bringing my setup around but I don't really want to just leave it on the floor, and if it was elevated it would be easier to tweak. I also don't use a cab, just PA so i can't really rest my rack case on a cab. Any suggestions?

Been using a regular keyboard stand mostly, works pretty well, just make sure that the uhm... lock thing or whatever it's called, really locks properly so the stand doesn't open up by itself because of the weight :p

I just got this last week after reading some positive reviews here, and I used it this weekend with my Axe-Fx in a 4U SKB rack case. It seems great so far. The supports are height-adjustable and they can also be reversed, which gives you two options for how you want to orient the Axe-Fx's rack case on the stand: almost horizontal and angled slightly upward (facing the same direction as the speakers in the Marshall amp in the attached image), or closer to vertical (the front panel of the Axe-Fx would be where the amp's carry handle is in the attached image).

Musician's Gear Deluxe Amp Stand Black | Musician's Friend

AmpStandJPG1.jpgAmpStandJPG2.jpgAmpStandJPG3.jpg

It gets great reviews on both Musicians Friend and Amazon.
I thought it was a great deal at $19.99 with free shipping from MF, and it appears that as of today it's on sale for $15.99 with free shipping.

85f337cd-6548-4bcf-8772-90dd7348fecb_400.jpg
This what I use. It has been rock sold and folds up easily. From Home Depot.

I just got this last week after reading some positive reviews here, and I used it this weekend with my Axe-Fx in a 4U SKB rack case. It seems great so far. The supports are height-adjustable and they can also be reversed, which gives you two options for how you want to orient the Axe-Fx's rack case on the stand: almost horizontal and angled slightly upward (facing the same direction as the speakers in the Marshall amp in the attached image), or closer to vertical (the front panel of the Axe-Fx would be where the amp's carry handle is in the attached image).

Musician's Gear Deluxe Amp Stand Black | Musician's Friend

View attachment 22704View attachment 22705View attachment 22706

It gets great reviews on both Musicians Friend and Amazon.
I thought it was a great deal at $19.99 with free shipping from MF, and it appears that as of today it's on sale for $15.99 with free shipping.

Just ordered now for $15.99. Thanks!

I just use what is available at the gig. Either the drum riser or a flight case that is available.

I use the eureka rack legs, pretty awesome :) Accessories - EurekaSound!
It's not elevated though. .
Hi I have 4U SKB roto rack 4U Roto Rolling Rack | SKB Industrial / Military.
I wanted something that is both portable (light weight) AND stable. I wondered about the Rack Legs. David at Eureka, didn't know and I didn't know, if it would work with a 4 U rack.
I have the Ultimate F-150 and a simple keyboard rack system BOTH for sale now.. . Stability of my gear with them were NOT STABLE. I got a pair of the RACK LEGS to see if they were any better with my 4U over sized (long) rack, since I have rails on both ends of the SKB.
The RACK LEGS fit in LID of the SKB, in a bag with a pad. and are lighter than anything mentioned. They are THE most portable solution.
The angle is perfect for simply reaching down to edit siting at my D.A.W.. Zero stress to my shoulder when editing for 6- 8 hrs in the studio from a task chair. Found that out a couple of days ago, when a producer wanted to reamp 4 guitars, to different acoustic style tone matches, with 10 different TMs!
Also, My rack looks good having it in between my 2 Atomic Neos, live, in front of me, with my pedal board at the base of it! VERY small footprint for NYC stages
I did a video of all 3 stands mentioned here this week and will post it hopefully tomorrow... My neighbor is editing it Sun.
Warning I talk fast and look weird, from living in NYC for to long I guess! But I don't matter.. It's about the gear, right!:geek plus the price just dropped to 29 BUCKS. Also,[video]http://www.eurekasound.com/accessories[/video] here is Eurekas video demo

Last edited:
So far I'm using a plastic bucket from Home Depot / Orchard Supply, something like this (less than $10):
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rubbermaid-18-Gal-Roughneck-Tote-FG2215H2MICBL/100644802

It's a stable surface like a low table, and also serves as a transport for cables and my floorboard & foot pedals and any other doodads I need to bring. Before I got the gator 4U rackbag, I actually fit the AxeFX II XL in there too. This was a more compact transport system, but didn't feel good about having the main unit hanging out in the wind with no protection. I wouldn't stick this out in front where people could tip it over, but it's very stable against a wall behind me in a small club.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom