SRV Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) - SoloAWeek 37 (VIDEO/SC/PATCH)

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
This is probably my favorite SoloAWeek I've ever done. Hope you guys enjoy it.

I know I was supposed to get it up over the weekend, but with the new video layers format (which you'll see) it rendered for almost two days.

Patch
The patch is based off of Tyler Grund's fantastic SRV patch. It is not overly modified. Just a couple adjustments to the reverb/delay, input trip to adjust for my Strat's low output pickups, and a couple other little tweaks here and there...
View attachment SRV Voodoonew.syx

Last edited:
Sweet and well done as always. I will be spending some time with this video. In fact, no better time to get started than NOW!

Thanks for all you do.

I could tell you were really feeling the solo cause you try and play the wah with your mouth haha :D your an amazing guitarist and have loved every vid so far. Epic!!!

Thanks all for the kind words! I'm glad everyone is digging the solo, and I hope the lesson will help some people out!

Patch reuploaded! Cross your fingers.

Superb! As always. Great playing. I'd love to see your production setup- lighting, green screen, etc.

What exactly is the dual layer video you mention?

Superb! As always. Great playing. I'd love to see your production setup- lighting, green screen, etc.

What exactly is the dual layer video you mention?

There are always at least three layers in my videos: the greenscreen layer (me) and the standard white moving SoloAWeek logo background under it. Toward the end of the solo, the third layer comes in for the Sound Cloud plug.

This video had many more layers, most of which were moving. With greenscreen, what would normally take a good amount of rendering just goes way off the charts.

The little screen with the wah during the solo takes enough time to render under the green screen layer. Then add in the picture of the rig behind that since I can't have my rig actually in frame because the screen of the Axe is green. And then during the lesson, the full screen wah layer under the keyed layer takes a hell of a lot longer to render than the standard white SoloAWeek background layer under the key. All in all, nothing outrageous, but it adds up to a ton of time watching your computer just crunch data.

How long did it take you to learn this solo?

Superb production, playing, feel, tone, and 'wah-ing'!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this man!

How long did it take you to learn this solo?

Superb production, playing, feel, tone, and 'wah-ing'!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this man!

Thanks!

I didn't keep a clock on learning it or anything, but I'd say it probably took around two to three hours until I was happy enough with it to film it. But I'm obsessive about slowing everything waaaay down in the Amazing Slow Downer and really focusing in on the nuances, which I did x10 on the clean section since it has so many little inflections. And I still didn't get all of them.

Back
Top Bottom