Squealing Sound

Ok I just started playing with my new Axe FX III. Every high gain preset has a high pitched squealing whistle something in the preset and its not my amp or speakers as I ran straight into headphones and hear the same damn thing

Ok I just started playing with my new Axe FX III. Every high gain preset has a high pitched squealing whistle something in the preset and its not my amp or speakers as I ran straight into headphones and hear the same damn thing

Can you post your preset here so we can check it out?

its every one thats high gain

Are you saying it’s one of the factory presets?
Did you adjust any parameters?
Are plugged directly into the Axe and no other pedals or outboard gear connected to the Axe?
Do you have a different guitar to try?
What are your meters say on the meter page?

Sound clip of what you're talking about would help. I don't notice any high pitched squealing whistle sound from mine.

FYI: Had a similar experience on a couple presets I converted from XL+. AND it was blaringly loud too. Was a shocker to the ears and speakers. :eek: Haven't gotten around to really look into it yet.

i made a quick video so you can hear the high end sizzle. I am running straight into the unit using output #1 with balanced cables XLR to balanced 1/4" into the Mesa 2:100 and then into the Mesa 4x12 Stereo cabinet. It sounds eggy too

Thanks for all the feedack

i made a quick video so you can hear the high end sizzle. I am running straight into the unit using output #1 with balanced cables XLR to balanced 1/4" into the Mesa 2:100 and then into the Mesa 4x12 Stereo cabinet. It sounds eggy too

Thanks for all the feedack

Yeah, that sounds like there’s no Cab block.

I thought you were describing a squeal. :)

If your hearing this in your headphones & no matter what guitar you use, you still here it, I would consider a factory reset.

Ok i went in with axe edit and saw that the cab was empty trying to pick from folder Factory2 which was empty. So I went over to factory 1 and I see 1x12 (many) and some 2x12 but no more 4x12? im really confused about the speaker/cab choices

Factory 1 is all 1x12's & 2x12's, Factory 2 should be 4x10's & 4x12's. Sounds like the Factory 2 bank didn't get loaded. Is there anything in the Legacy bank? That should be all the cabs that were on the Axe II's. Contact Fractal support & they will get you hooked up with the missing cabs.

B.T.W.... If you are using a real cab )like in the vid you posted), you should not be using a cab block anyway?
True. And yet, that sounds for all the world like a no-cab situation.

Factory 1 is all 1x12's & 2x12's, Factory 2 should be 4x10's & 4x12's. Sounds like the Factory 2 bank didn't get loaded. Is there anything in the Legacy bank? That should be all the cabs that were on the Axe II's. Contact Fractal support & they will get you hooked up with the missing cabs.

^^ This.

Back
Top Bottom