Spring loaded expression pedal?

I don't know the bad horsie but the Alesis F2 is spring loaded but only on the top half of the throw. It comes back to rest at about midpoint when tilted toe down but has no spring when tilted heel down.

SB

bigbrown2056 said:
Does anyone know of a spring loaded expression pedal? I'm looking for a pedal simialr to a bad horsie wah.

SBRocket said:
I don't know the bad horsie but the Alesis F2 is spring loaded but only on the top half of the throw. It comes back to rest at about midpoint when tilted toe down but has no spring when tilted heel down.

SB

bigbrown2056 said:
Does anyone know of a spring loaded expression pedal? I'm looking for a pedal simialr to a bad horsie wah.

I'll have to look that one up, but I'm looking for a pedal that springs back to heel down. I like the Morley bad horsie because it has resitance when you step on it and that the wah kicks in on heel down and when you lift your foot off it turns off, I really dislike wah pedals that you have to click down on. But at the same time I prefer the sound of those types of wah pedals. I have a bad horsie wah because it functions the way I need it to. If anyone knows of a way to mod a bad horsie to use as an expression pedal please let me know.

Morley wah's use optical sensing. That would make it quite a chore to convert that to simple 10k linear potmeter action that's required for midi controller.

I think it would be easier to fit a spring to a regular pedal's axle. Like a modded clothespin spring? You wouldn't need much pressure.

zone1 said:
Maybe Mission Engineering can do a run of these??? I'd buy two for sure!

I'm going to take a look at this because I've had a few requests and it shouldn't be too hard. I'm going over to my metal shop this week anyway so I'll see if we can't come up with a suitable solution we can offer as an option on the Mission Pedals. James.

lebihanj said:
zone1 said:

I'm going to take a look at this because I've had a few requests and it shouldn't be too hard. I'm going over to my metal shop this week anyway so I'll see if we can't come up with a suitable solution we can offer as an option on the Mission Pedals. James.
I'd buy one. Especially if you can make it work as well as the Morley action. I loved the BH2 I had and step-on/step-off wah is addictive.

lebihanj said:
zone1 said:

Cool!

lebihanj said:
zone1 said:

Sweet! Please let us know how it turns out. I actually talked to the guys at Morley and they weren't willing to produce any because they said that they tried expression pedals years back and that there just wasn't a market for them. Oh, does anyone remember what pedal board Dweezil is using?

I'm also very interested in this... If the Axe-FX wah is as good as the rest of it, this would be a nice way to replace my Morley.

This is something I'm interested in as well. Currently, I am trying to sort out all of my controller options until ordering (and hoping the FA controller is released during that time).

I almost have to have a spring loaded pedal similar to a Bad Horsie in order to use one. Due to an injury from a motorcycle accident, a Bad Horsie turned sideways is the only type of moveable pedal I can use. Strange, I know, but being able to work the Bad Horsie from the corner only is the only way I have been able to have a wah for several years. If I could couple that type of function with the range of wah sounds available in the Axe-Fx, I would be a happy man indeed.

We are working on this. I have some ideas, and we are going to make up some prototypes next week. I'll keep this thread updated with the results. James.

Just a quick update on the spring loaded expression pedal. We have worked on a couple of designs, and the metal shop is fabricating some prototypes right now. We'll be testing them over the next week or so and I'll post some pictures on the Mission website while we are working on them. If all goes well we should have something available by the end of the month. James.

Back
Top Bottom