Split signal question with cab/no cab

I love my AF2 and am still working through training myself on all it's capabilities, but was hoping somebody here could provide a quick fix until I get up to speed (I did do a search with no results). I have the output from my AF2 going into two separate cabs, so the cab emulation is turned off. However I also have a signal going to the mixer for our wireless in-ear monitors, but it sounds bad without the cab simulation. Is there a way to send the cab emulation to the monitors but not through the signal going to the real cabs? Thanks!

Use an FX block prior to the cab sims which will take it to output two which can go to the real cabs, and then output 1 after the cab sims can be used to the mixer.

Yup.

Put the cab block last in your layout (can doesn't need to be immediately after the amp), the fx loop block to its left, then everything else to the left of that like normal.

Out2 to real cabs/power amp, Out1 to ears.

This doubles all signal, leaving the Multidelay`s out, going into Cab, but does not double Reverb level.
This doubles NOT all signal, leaving the Multidelay`s out, going into FX Loop, and so does also not double Reverb level.

In other words: connect the shunt block under the reverb block also with FX-Loop Block ;) I think, in this case your second routing-out differs more (Reverb level mix), than just only Cab / No Cab ... no? ;)

This doubles all signal, leaving the Multidelay`s out, going into Cab, but does not double Reverb level.
This doubles NOT all signal, leaving the Multidelay`s out, going into FX Loop, and so does also not double Reverb level.

In other words: connect the shunt block under the reverb block also with FX-Loop Block ;) I think, in this case your second routing-out differs more (Reverb level mix), than just only Cab / No Cab ... no? ;)
In my finished patch I had a shunt going from the block under the reverb to the fx loop block. For myself I like to run the direct signal from the amp all the way to the output for the reverb,delay I usually put the delay, Reverb on eather side of the direct. I was just showing a pic of the fix loop block. I like to run my delay,reverb parallel it just sounds better to me.

In my finished patch I had a shunt going from the block under the reverb to the fx loop block. For myself I like to run the direct signal from the amp all the way to the output for the reverb,delay I usually put the delay, Reverb on eather side of the direct. I was just showing a pic of the fix loop block. I like to run my delay,reverb parallel it just sounds better to me.
Totally valid. The mix is easier to control when it's run in parallel. But that's not what Morphosis was talking about.

The way you've got it set up, you're running the reverb in parallel when you're goin to the cab, but in series when you're going to the FX loop. The sound going to FOH will be wetter than the sound you're hearing in your cab.

Got it I do the same for both the cab,fx block and now I put a global graphic EQ in front of the FX Loop block to get the guitar cab ,the FR cab block Closer

Just for better understanding: What kind of effect-blocks are non-linear? I only know that time-based effects and equalizers are linear ...

Just for better understanding: What kind of effect-blocks are non-linear? I only know that time-based effects and equalizers are linear ...
Any block with a drive parameter, or any other non-linear control. Amp blocks, Drive blocks, Wah with its Drive parameter turned up...that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom