Speakers

dmaxbag

I'm really sick of using headphones at home and I'm debating on a ELX12P or Equator D5 speakers. I just jam at home and practice. My budget is around ~$600. What does everyone recommend?

I'm really sick of using headphones at home and I'm debating on a ELX12P or Equator D5 speakers. I just jam at home and practice. My budget is around ~$600. What does everyone recommend?

hey there, i have the equator d5s and also the adam f7s. both are great but for your budget i would really look into the adam f5's. based on what ive heard from my adams i have a feeling you'd be really happy with them.

I've owned the ELX112P in the past, and currently own the Equator D5s. If you're not looking for a ton of volume, the Equators are great! I think they sound better than the EVs for home practicing/studio jamming.

If you are talking reasonable in-home volume (not scaring the neighbors) I'd go for a pair of D5 over a single EV every time. Stereo is just too much fun when you start playing with effects, trying dual amp setups, etc.

I have a pair of D5 and they do sound really good. They'll get surprisingly loud as well. Just watch that you don't overdo it on low end when making your patches.

The extra benefit is that you would also have a really nice pair of studio quality monitors for other tasks.

TT

Exactly...that's why even though I know I'm buying a pair of CLR wedges soon I'm keeping the D5's...$400 very well spent IMO...

Maybe a pair of used Mackie Srm450s. I have a pair of those and they sound great to me and they can be loud when you want them to be.

Picked some Yamaha HS7s and they sound pretty good, haven't spent much time with them but I kind of miss the balls of a guitar cab pushed. :)

Back
Top Bottom