Speakers

the JB

Just wondering what you guys and gals prefer going through with your Axe FX-2. Do you prefer a certain amp(if so which), a Cab(again which brand or how many speakers), Or a PA(again brand)? Thanks!!! :geek

That's like asking which car you prefer to drive.. . you'll get a gazillion responses, because folks have as many different preferences as there are choices. You might want to narrow your question some.

I own an ultra currently,but getting the II very soon. To answer your question,for me I am not playing live these days. But at home I am using JBL LSR4326P Pak Bi-amplified Studio Monitor System
They work like a charm in the home/ studio recording environment and basically the sound via those monitors is amazing. I don't have any live monitors or cab systems yet for live usage. But I know people use Power Amps from Crown,Atomic,Carvin,Peavey,Mesa Boogie etc. They connect it to the Axe and use Live monitors with them,some companies like Peavey and Atomic provide the wedges for the live use. And you can also connect the Axe Fx II with the power amp connected to a cabinet,the brand you choose is your choice. Mesa Boogie makes great cabinets,4X12 would give the best results. The amp simulations are strong enough in the Axe FXII,so there is no need for it to be connected to an amp. Although if you want that sort of set up where you want to use The Axe FxII solely for it's effects then I think a Mark 5 head connected to the Axe II going in the Mesa 4X12 cabinets would be a pretty cool set up. There are a ton of ways to make the Axe FxII work. The simplest thing is taking the Axe FxII,with a power amp and just connecting it to a PA system.

Hope this helps. The other folks here could help you out a lot more than me,but I just made a few suggestions from what I know.

Cheers.

Last edited:
depends on what you like to play. To me, V30's are the sound of rock/hard rock. Maybe not the best choice for a blues/blues rock player.

Just wondering what you guys and gals prefer going through with your Axe FX-2. Do you prefer a certain amp(if so which), a Cab(again which brand or how many speakers), Or a PA(again brand)? Thanks!!! :geek

Hello, "the JB".

How about some more information:

- type of music you will be playing
- guitars and other equipment that you currently own that you'll be emulating or that you have enjoyed
- type of performance environment (home studio, nightclubs, house of worship, bedroom jamming, etc.)
- budget for a speaker system
- volume level you hope to achieve
- preference for a "traditional" guitar speaker system, or FRFR (Full Range Flat Response) system (aka PA speakers and/or studio reference monitors)
- level of experience as both a musician (pro, semi-pro, hobbyist, etc.) and also with multi-processors such as the AxeFx

Your questions really depend on these things. If you are a "no compromise with money to burn" serious player, that is totally different than someone who plays for the fun of it, does some simple home recording and jams with his friends twice per month. There is an entire range of speaker systems from $120 to $6000+, and depending on your situation, any one of them might be a reasonable solution.

Also, check out the "Amps and Cabs" section of the forum for more ideas: Amps and Cabs

Probably best to do a search or browse on AMPS and CABS forum here.
Tons of info.

As noted- it depends on your needs.

I use headphones through a mixer a lot or smaller KRK monitors as I play late at night and have a family.

When I want to play loud or play out for fun (not a performing musician) then I use an FBT Verve 12Ma.
I like it a lot.
I previously ran the AXE through my Mesa combo amp effects loop with mixed results.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom