Speaker Thump gives me anxiety

"Trolls be trolling" is right. Saying that Thump in the Ultra is the exact same as Thump in Axe FX 3 is like saying the GM EV-1 and a Tesla are the same because they're both EV's.

Not to discount the Ultra or say that it's a "bad piece of gear," but tons of advancement has been done in between the Ultra and the current firmware on the Axe FX III. You can still make awesome music with the old units, but the improvements are undeniable. Even people at the Open Jam I run sound for notice the difference between my AX8 and my Axe FX III.

"Trolls be trolling" is right. Saying that Thump in the Ultra is the exact same as Thump in Axe FX 3 is like saying the GM EV-1 and a Tesla are the same because they're both EV's.

Not to discount the Ultra or say that it's a "bad piece of gear," but tons of advancement has been done in between the Ultra and the current firmware on the Axe FX III. You can still make awesome music with the old units, but the improvements are undeniable. Even people at the Open Jam I run sound for notice the difference between my AX8 and my Axe FX III.

Could be trolling, or it could be coming from the same place as the “My heavily modified Epiphone is just as good as those overpriced Gibsons” statements that have plagued the internet from the beginning.

If I see “new member” and a negative comment I assume troll and use the ignore button.

Be careful with “new member” status. That’s based entirely on post count. We have “new members” who have been around for ten years or more.

But I get what you’re saying. ;)
I usually check the Join date as well. Good point though.

If I see “new member” and a negative comment I assume troll and use the ignore button.

I generally will look at their previous posts to see what they have posted prior to whatever it was that got my attention. But if it’s a first post and trollish I usually discount anything else they have to contribute until they have “redeemed” themselves.

Thump = thump = tHump!
No one can tell me different!
Nah, nah, nah, I can't hear you!

Be careful with “new member” status. That’s based entirely on post count. We have “new members” who have been around for ten years or more.

But I get what you’re saying. ;)

Sometimes it takes a while to come up with an original :)

I've been out of the loop on FW updates (and guitars in general) for a little while. My favorite sound depended on the old dynamic depth that went away. Would you kind folks say this effectively replaces it?

Back
Top Bottom