SPDIF / STEREO OUT / STEREO FX BLOCKS

unFILTERed

Power User
in some presets i have ping pong delay or some other stereo fx. it functions with output 1 to FOH or output 2 to my guitar cabs.
But just now i realised when i go in my interface (RME Fireface 800) through SPDIF even though i get signal in both SPDIF channels i dont get stereo sound. The SPDIF channels in my daw are hard panned left / right. I have 2 CAB blocks on raw 2 and 3. Both raws are also panned hard left/right on the output setting page.

Is it the way how spdif out of axe functions or am i missing smth.

it is configured for stereo. if i connect my ADAM a5x direct to axe fx output 1 L+R i get stereo signal. output 2 to my NL12s is also stereo...just the spdif out sums it to mono.

Missing smth. Make sure Output 1 is configured for stereo in the I/O menu.

ok, here is smth: two adam a5x are connected to output 1 L and R of axe fx...have ping pong delay in the preset. both outputs are set as stereo in axe fx front panel menu.
if i set the USB/DIGI OUTSOURCE to Output 1 i get mono, if set it to Output 2 i get stereo...what am i doing wrong?

It's gotta be somewhere in your DAW then.

ok, here is smth: two adam a5x are connected to output 1 L and R of axe fx...have ping pong delay in the preset. both outputs are set as stereo in axe fx front panel menu.
if i set the USB/DIGI OUTSOURCE to Output 1 i get mono, if set it to Output 2 i get stereo...what am i doing wrong?

Your preset is collapsing to mono into Output 1.

yes its my preset, if i make a preset from sctratch with pin pong delay all is fine...i think the problem is that i am using HI Res cab blocks, i thought if i use 2 cab blocks in 2 different raws i could make stereo presets....by the way cab blocks are coming at the end of the chain since i use also FXL block on a third raw to send the signal to my guitar cab.

hmmm...how can i make a block send the stereo information as mono to different raws? to one raw the info of left channel to the other one info of right channel...is it possible?

well unless there is a way of doing this i am back to Stereo Normal Res Cab block...for live playing...it wouldnt make a huge difference in a live situation....but i wish i could stay with Hi Res...

edit: for my stereo presets :) rest stays HIres

Last edited:
Yes, it's the hi-res cab blocks. They are mono so they are summing the left/right inputs. To fix this set the Input Select on the top one to Left and on the bottom one to Right.

Back
Top Bottom