Sorry Cliff!

xpenno

Power User
I really didn't that the clips would offend you as it was in the lounge section and there have been clips of other products in there before, I probably should have thought it through.

Bottom line, Fractal forum members asked me to post clips, I posted some clips, it won't happen again, sorry for the bad taste on my part.

Spence

Yeah, I find it strange that L6 and 11 clips have always seemed to be ok(?).
Leaves the impression the Kemper is a real competitor now ;)
Seemed "normal" that these comparisons were possible here and were a sign of a great forum and Cliff not feeling endangered.
It was also easy for him not to have to travel to "distant sites" to see what we think ;)

OTOH, it is good for not having 5 out of 10 threads be about the K*****

Last edited:
At the end of the day, it's a forum started by Cliff for his products.... not to showcase what other competing products can do (better or worse), which we have to keep in mind. Cliff's only human and it can't be pleasant coming to your own forum and seeing threads with thousands of hits talking about a competitor and how their product may (or may not) be better than the Axe FX. It takes attention away from the intended purpose of this board and onto a competing product and, as has been said, 'all publicity is good publicity'. He shouldn't have to offer a platform for comparison to other products on his own forum.

It's like someone coming to your cover bands' website and talking about how great a completely different cover band are, posting videos and links to them and starting a discussion about them (happens to me all the time, by the way. Bastards).

Last edited:
I don't get how kemper competes with the Axe. Even if it sounds good it seems to be a different market niche (not to mention is looks like a stereo set I had in 1972).

I seriously doubt what folks are implying is what went down. Or at least the 'why' it went down. Simmer down folks.

Nothing on Spence, he just posted some 'parade' clips (parade = "NGD" type of 'hey look/listen at/to this!')

The thread was hyped and cross linked on TGP and then cross linked to the KPA forum (*Note: NOT by Spence). It was piggybacked and the forum mob mentality most likely took root - it would have been a huge clusterf*** had it been let go.

I would suggest folks not read too much into this; it's absolutely blown out of proportion already.

Did I miss something here? - To me this is an Apples vs. Oranges situation.

The Kemper looks cool if you own every amp you will ever desire and are willing to take the time to sample them correctly (Assuming you can set them up correctly to begin with). You need to be ready to work with a limited selection of effects in a limited editing environment. For someone like me with limited budget and limited real world amp selection the Axe-FX is hands down winner- end of debate.

Did I mention I had "limited" talent also - neither product can help me there ;-)

Plus I agree it looks like a big boys lunch box!

Last edited:
It's like someone coming to your cover bands' website and talking about how great a completely different cover band are, posting videos and links to them and starting a discussion about them (happens to me all the time, by the way. Bastards).

Not really a good analogy. If I had an area on my website for discussing "off topic" things, I would expect people posting videos and links discussing other bands. That being said, according to Scott, it was removed due to potential uproar, which is what the mods are here to control. Nothing to do with not wanting a competitors product posted.

Not really a good analogy. If I had an area on my website for discussing "off topic" things, I would expect people posting videos and links discussing other bands. That being said, according to Scott, it was removed due to potential uproar, which is what the mods are here to control. Nothing to do with not wanting a competitors product posted.

I was just being facetious - lots of negativity on the forum recently - never pleasant to see threads turn ugly the way they have recently.

Good on you Scott - simmered down nicely.

I myself don't care if this forum is censored and discussions of other products are prohibited. That seems a small price to pay for how Cliff and the FAS team seem so responsive to issues posted here. There are lots of other independent forums to chat/post on. I don't even have an Axe-Fx(delivery expected tomorrow!!!) and I love this forum for helping me be prepared to rock this complicated piece of gear when it arrives(tomorrow!!!). Did I mention my Axe-Fx arrives tomorrow?

I myself don't care if this forum is censored and discussions of other products are prohibited. That seems a small price to pay for how Cliff and the FAS team seem so responsive to issues posted here.

Agreed, Cliff created the AxeFX, he owns this forum, what he says goes 8)

Back
Top Bottom