Sooooooo, Cliff.......whatcha been up to ?

There are no competitors at this level.

Exactly! Other than Kemper, there's the AxeFX for boutique/high quality digital guitar sounds and even these two are different in what they provide. Everything else falls somewhere below that...mostly way below. Who will threaten this space? Tough to say right now. The app/SW guys do a good job for reamping in SW recordings, but I've tried Jamup/BIAS on my iPad and nowhere near ready for prime time for live play in either response or tone. Line 6? Behind the times and producing good enough tech to feed the mass market...mostly. All the real amp manufacturers? Still in that amp/cab/speaker paradigm. I think they all realized that unless they wanted to change that paradigm...which hurts their market...then keep doing what they do best with tubes and save the digital tech for practice amps/hobbyists.

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing it but Cliff has earned a nice break and there's no one kicking down the door anytime soon. Not even close...

LOL! I HOPE that was a joke. Cliff is so far ahead of giving updates compared to the rest of the "competitors".... it is not even funny.

Some people are never satisfied.

By the way...I am still on firmware version 10....and I love it....I don't get this "update all the time" mentality!

FW15 is amazing and added some really great features like the AFD amp, which is worth the price of the Axe alone to me, and the very cool passive EQ, which really does add a very nice bit of musicality

I can't see why anyone wouldn't want their Axe sounding as great as it possibly can.

That is kind of the point of the unit isn't it ? To have the best sounding, more realistic, more authentic amp feel etc money could buy ?

I started this thread not asking for anything from FAS - really. 15.06 is a freaking "keeper" and rocks my world.

I truly just wondered what Cliff was up to. And I hope some time away was a part of that.

Thats it.

Cliff doesn't seem like the type to take a break or just cruise for a while. Over the past few years, I have learned, when Cliff is quiet it usually means something is in the works. He even stated a while back that FAS was working on a few new things. Time to start working some overtime to brace my checking account I think.

URL]

crap. Can't get the image to show on my ipad. Maybe I'll try later on PC. Maybe not. Would've been funny.

FW15 is amazing and added some really great features like the AFD amp, which is worth the price of the Axe alone to me, and the very cool passive EQ, which really does add a very nice bit of musicality

I can't see why anyone wouldn't want their Axe sounding as great as it possibly can.

That is kind of the point of the unit isn't it ? To have the best sounding, more realistic, more authentic amp feel etc money could buy ?

Well you have your reasons and I have mine...and mine are that it is a pain in the butt to have to update all the time! I have to redo all of my presets I have selected that work well for me! So NO...I will not be upgrading. I do not think it is necessary for me. I am happy with my sounds and could care less what someone else thinks of that decision. 'nuff said!

And why anyone else would even care what update someone else has....is beyond me! That within itself is stupid to me!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom