Song Mode Question

I have only spent a few hours over a few days with the MFC101 and really like it, it is much more powerful than my previous controller. I have it currently configured so when in song mode I can scroll through the different songs with the + and - switches on the right and it displays the song title, but after selecting the preset of a song, I no longer have the song title displayed, it displays the preset title. With my old controller I would have my presets titled "(song name) INTRO" the next preset would be "(song name) VERSE" etc. Are you able to setup the MFC101 like this? I can always look at the AXE FX screen to see which preset I am on, I like knowing what section of the song the preset is for. Surely this is something I haven't discovered how to configure with the MFC101.

same thing here... I would rather see the Song title, then as a new Preset is selected it momentarily shows the patch name, then back to song name.... Not sure if this is possible, but it sounds like it could be programmed...

flyingfadr said:
same thing here... I would rather see the Song title, then as a new Preset is selected it momentarily shows the patch name, then back to song name.... Not sure if this is possible, but it sounds like it could be programmed...

I am so used to this way of using a foot controller it would be a real disappointment if it is not possible.

I skimmed thru the manual and thought about using the "names" feature, but I think you are limited to adding the 15 presets to the 7-char named song. Tho' page 34 does indicate that a "friendly name" can be assigned, I assume this is for the song name only as opposed to: Song 001 and within the song you will only get the preset name displayed.

s0c9 said:
I skimmed thru the manual and thought about using the "names" feature, but I think you are limited to adding the 15 presets to the 7-char named song. Tho' page 34 does indicate that a "friendly name" can be assigned, I assume this is for the song name only as opposed to: Song 001 and within the song you will only get the preset name displayed.

I am beginning to think this is not possible. I haven't heard back from Fractal support yet, and nobody on this forum has chimed in with any help on how to title your MFC presets.

skracus said:
I'd say it would require a firmware update to do what your wanting.

This is really disappointing. I can't believe a product as powerful as it is, in development for years, and at this price cannot have preset names in song mode.

Given Fractal's reputation for updates not to mention that the firmware isn't even at 1.0 yet I'd venture a guess that more is in the works for the MFC.

skracus said:
Given Fractal's reputation for updates not to mention that the firmware isn't even at 1.0 yet I'd venture a guess that more is in the works for the MFC.

I hope it happens soon. I am new to the AXE FX. I think it is an amazing product. I downsized tremendously because of it and run direct. I went from a half stack with a huge pedalboard to a 6 space(I may even downsize to a 4) rack and a small pedalboard. If this feature is possible with the MFC101 This will be the perfect rig for me. Please make this possible Fractal!

Set mode does the same thing? I don't see the custom song names at all on set mode. Am I supposed to write down what songs correspond to which number?

You can bet that a firmware update for the MFC-101 is already in the works. If the code's not feature-frozen yet, there's a chance this could make it into the next update. Fractal Audio does monitor this board.

Back
Top Bottom