Something different....a little violin

Wow....that is simply amazing! I guess I know what I'll be messing with tonight. Thanks for sharing!

So I've been playing around with this thing for awhile and think some of you have also ;)

There's definitely a technique involved to keep the tracking sounding good. I'd love it if there was a way to dial out that aspect so I could play naturally, but I don't know if I can, I think it may just be a characteristic of the synth block...anyone? I think the worst part is when I go up a string on the same fret, where normally I'd just roll my finger, but this I think confuses the tracking by getting two inputs. So I have to adjust my style to lift the finger, which isn't natural for me. Made a soundclip here where I play the same riff two ways, first using the new technique and my playing suffers, then I play like I normally would an the tracking issue is very obvious. I'm trying to find a good compromise between the two, the easy thing is to just not play anything that requires that :lol: . I also threw in a piece I just thought sounded apprpriate for the patch.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7804881

I've heard at least two other clips from you guys using this patch and it's fun to hear how you're doing it, so keep them coming. Either post it in this thread, or if you could post a link here to your thread that would be cool so down the road if someone wants to hear it they have all the clips in one spot. Besides I'm certain that some of you can really come up with some playing that will blow us away.

Hell that's awesome...I'll be playing with that for the rest of the day for sure.
And a Vinnie Moore fan at that ;) Damn I miss playing both of those songs live, the band I'm in now are not on the same page with that :roll:

Great work brother.

MOSHON
DAVE

moshwitz said:
And a Vinnie Moore fan at that ;)

Yeah, Time Odyssey is probably my favorite neo-classical album, even though I'm more of a blues based rock kinda guy. I think I about wore out that tape (did I just say Tape?)

Woah! Only tried my newer USA Strat 08 Deluxe with SCN pups. Didn't think it would track too well on this Strat, But with the S-1 switch engaged and either the bridge or middle pup alone it was incredible. Only took a few minutes to get the feel. Great patch and great cab -Thanks again
Cannot wait to try my other strat w/ the Lindy Fralins.

3 Chord Rock said:
sujayakar314 said:

Very nice indeed. Where did you set the shift on the Harmony?

I set it a third down for that recording. When I was playing around with it, I tried two pitch blocks in parallel, one with intelligent harmony, one wih arpeggiator... that actually sounded pretty good! Haha my brother plays violin and he had to do a double take when he walked by my room :lol:

FYI....I just did a test track using this patch....
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7926

3 Chord Rock, I have to admit when I first saw this thread and heard your clip, I thought you were completely bullshitting us. Your patch sounds simply amazing and should be a factory preset! This is some truly wonderful work you've done here. I'd love to hear any other synth ideas you cook up.

Thanks!!!

mitch said:
FYI....I just did a test track using this patch....
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7926

3 Chord Rock, I have to admit when I first saw this thread and heard your clip, I thought you were completely bullshitting us. Your patch sounds simply amazing and should be a factory preset! This is some truly wonderful work you've done here. I'd love to hear any other synth ideas you cook up.

Thanks!!!

DUDE, that sounds great! If that was just a quick test I'd love to hear you really try :D

It makes me so happy to hear yourself an others enjoying this preset an creating music with it. I've taken so much from this website that others have created and have really inspired my playing and it's nice to finally have something good enough to give back, I think I've doubled my post count on this thread :lol:

The patch doesn't use any amps so you could add two, cpu-willing.

Seeing as the cab is an acoustic-guitar User IR, the first thing I'd try is routing in parallel around the synth into the cab... for a fake violin/acoustic-guitar patch. I'd try it but I'm waiting (patiently) for Axe PC.

Back
Top Bottom