Someone wanna help me??

edona123

My husband has been nagging me to give his permission to buy this Axe Fx thing. It's expensive, that's why I've always turned him down, but I really wanna make him happy. It's like if I wanna give him a gift, it has to be something to do with guitars, or he says: "Oh honey, you should'nt have... really..." If already bought him an Exotic preamp, and that made him really happy!

I don't want him to know that I wanna buy this for him, it can be a gift for our anniversary, which is like next year.
How do I go about purchasing this Axe Fx? I live in Norway, and I've never bought anything outside the country before. I wanna do this right, so I don't get any problems along the way, then he finds out, and everything is ruined!

Do any of you know if I can buy this in Norway, and how much it costs? A link, anyone?

- Desperate wife

And a note to invite the original poster to keep turning to this forum to help her along the way. It is not trivial to buy this thing when you know nothing, about it and nothing about buying anything from out of the country.

Many here will confirm that this gift *will* make him *very* happy. Don't hesitate to get in touch with G66 (the link provided by Sean, above), and don't hesitate to ask this forum for more support.

Your husband is very lucky!

Daniel

You should expect that if/when you but this gift for your husband you won't see him for a couple weeks because he's going to be so caught up in playing it. :D

Yes, its that good.

If you do end up getting this gift for him I think you deserve a "Wife of the Year" award.

Faen, mannen din er en heldiggris... :D

Sorry for the norwegian outburst guys. But back to awesome wifeys question:
I bought my Axe-FX used from the U.S. a couple of weeks ago. A guy here on the forum was selling it, and he shipped it to JetCarrier in New Jersey, who then forwarded it to me in Norway. A very simple and cheap procedure, you can read more about it here: http://www.jetcarrier.com (used them a lot of times, nothing to complain about).

Norwegians basically has three main options:

1. Buy new from http://www.g66.eu
Upside: Warranty. Service. Safe.
Downside: Waiting list, most expensive solution.

2. Buy used from eBay or this forum (keep your eyes out, they go quick)
Upside: Cheap.
Downside: Have been a few scam-attempts at eBay, but you should be safe if you use PayPal. Also, warranty might be out (1 year warranty only).

3. Buy used in Norway
Upside: Fast delivery. Basically safe.
Downside: You'll have a hard time finding one for sale.

End comment: He'll love the Axe-FX, you cannot go wrong. It is the single-most revolutionary guitar-related product since...ehh...ever? Good luck! :)

Thank you for the replies!!! I really appreciate it!

Yeah, I know, I'm a good wife... :D:D
Not always, cause well I'm a girl and we nag the shit out of people, BUT hope this makes him forget it! ;D

This irritating guy of a husband just walked in here, and I'm like "Get the f... out! Give me some privacy!" And he tried to remove my hands from the screen, then it just splashed out of me: "Nooo! It's a suprise, now you've ruined it, you bastard!" I think he knows... :( I love giving gifts, but it's better when they are unexpected :(

You norwegian guy, can I get your msn? It's so ORK å skrive på engelsk haha.
I really need your help, cause I'm lazy :D Please? (a)

- Desperate, but awsome wife

edona123 said:
Oh, and one more question!

Should I get him the Axe Fx or the Axe Fx Ultra? Axe Fx is good enough, right?

Ultra wins you "Wife of the Century" award hands down.

Actually its hard to answer without understanding how your husband plays and what he needs.

mworkman said:
edona123 said:
Oh, and one more question!

Should I get him the Axe Fx or the Axe Fx Ultra? Axe Fx is good enough, right?

Ultra wins you "Wife of the Century" award hands down.

Actually its hard to answer without understanding how your husband plays and what he needs.
Yeah, like mworkman says...

And to help you (a non-guitar-player) understand the difference:
- The standard has everything a guitarists needs - great amp and cab models, best-in-class effects, and fabulous sound
- The Ultra has all that plus additional memory (allows more complex patches) and extra features and effects.
He does not *need* an Ultra. But if he has a standard, he may *want* an Ultra.

Tough call...

Daniel

If you really love him you'll get him the Ultra.... :lol:

Seriously though, i know a lot of you Standard guys are content but for me i am constantly maxing out presets so i could never imagine being able to settle on a standard.

This should be a consideration when you purchase. If you think he'll be happy with a moderate amount of FX then the standard may suffice but if he is a big time fx junkie then you may be better taking the safer bet and getting the Ultra...

Just out of curiosity do you have an unmarried Sister that is as generous as you that is into American men of European decent? :D

edona123 said:
This irritating guy of a husband just walked in here, and I'm like "Get the f... out! Give me some privacy!" And he tried to remove my hands from the screen, then it just splashed out of me: "Nooo! It's a suprise, now you've ruined it, you bastard!"

You should have told him you were just chatting with a bunch of guys online ;-)

If you want absolute hassle free delivery and great communication, go for the official European Axe-Fx distributor http://www.g66.eu. The guys at G66 are just awesome.

If your husband is not that much into multiple and weird effects, the Standard will make him very happy. If he as like 20 effects-pedals lying around already, the Ultra would make him even more happy.
And if you can't decide yet: Get him the Standard, if he thinks that the Ultra would have been the better choice, he can return it and upgrade to an Ultra (within like 4 weeks, I would say). HE can pay the upgrade price and you saved EUR 500 ;-) and still made him a very happy guy.

Back
Top Bottom