Some V.10 Thoughts and Tips

Thanks for input. Looking forward to the updated manual too in order to educate myself more on all the parameters. I checked the advance parameters in the amp block and got slightly faint hearted... way over my head. Sticking to Plexi 100W all on default with your cab suggestions for now ;)

Scott, do use the USA Lead amps? Send some tips on cabs if you have them tweaked in 10 ... I am driving myself crazy readjusting them all the time! Thank you!

Scott, do use the USA Lead amps? Send some tips on cabs if you have them tweaked in 10 ... I am driving myself crazy readjusting them all the time! Thank you!

I am not a Mesa guy: I barely can dial up a Recto (though I have a good Modern Red one I use all the time). I would have to get into the USA Lead stuff by studying what others are doing with it and listening; so nothing of any importance to share from me on it... but seek out guys that do clips with it that you like and ask for their counsel.

Reactions: BMH
Hi Scott, since you turned me onto the Axe Fx with your review on TGP all those years ago this piece of gear has been the best thing I could never have dreamed of. I am not nearly as technically involved with it as most on here are but I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into to helping players like me get the most out of this remarkable technology.

I have just uploaded V10 as well as the new presets that came with it. Now I have to spend a few hours recreating all the patches that I had on V9. Thanks for the tips and I am looking forward to the videos.

Cheers! David

Thanks a lot Scott for all the tips. I haven't played much with the IRs in v10 but will be doing it soon. Actually, up to now I have enjoyed the new "fullier" sound and the factory preset that I have tweaked to my taste.

If DC to AC makes such a difference maybe cliff would try Tri-phased, higher/lower voltage. Might give interesting results. That reminds me that on the Woodoo Lab Pedal power there is a voltage adjustment to mimic used batteries. Lowering the voltage can make a FuZZ more harsh.

Thanks a lot Scott for all the tips. I haven't played much with the IRs in v10 but will be doing it soon. Actually, up to now I have enjoyed the new "fullier" sound and the factory preset that I have tweaked to my taste.

If DC to AC makes such a difference maybe cliff would try Tri-phased, higher/lower voltage. Might give interesting results. That reminds me that on the Woodoo Lab Pedal power there is a voltage adjustment to mimic used batteries. Lowering the voltage can make a FuZZ more harsh.

Remember that the power supply is for the amp, not the pedals. Maybe you should make that a wish list item. On the amp power supply, you not only can choose the type (AC or DC), but the AC line frequency.

OK, what are IR's?

Impulse resonse(s). CAB (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

523632d1317193764-omega-seamaster-professional-stainless-steel-diver-bracelet-2255-80-00-106160d1240200094-thermalright-am2-bolt-through-tuniq-120-bump-fail.jpg

... for all of us dylsexic fokls. Great tips! Thanks Scott!

Back
Top Bottom