Some questions regarding the Mark IV

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I'm more than happy with the amp sims already. I'd just like to know what push/pull switches we have in and out in the amp sim.

Just to be clear the real amp has push/pull gain knob for FAT (same as Mark Vs Mark IV and Extreme modes) and push/pull presence and drive knob for different flavors.

Everything but the presence shift is there. There are different models for Mid Gain and Bright. To get both you would use the USA Lead Brt + model.

Thanks for the quick reply. So f.ex. if I wanted the fat switch (gain knob) pulled and drive and presence pushed in which is basically Mark V Extreme mode, should I just use USA LEAD 1?

Haha.. here's a video of these Mark IV settings at our very ghetto style studio:

now that's what a Mark IV is supposed to sound like. (Man sometimes I really miss having a real Mark IV to play through) :(
I'm going to use this as a reference clip tonight when I get home and see if I can create a patch thru my Fryette->2X12 that is close to this (now that we have the 5 band EQ in 11.12 :)

Last edited:
Fired up my Mark IV this weekend for the first time in months, and discovered it makes a ticking sound when off standby. What Axe-FX model do I use simulate that? :(

Seriously, I still love my Mark IV, but things like that keep reminding me why I use the Axe so much more. Hopefully a retube will fix things... seems like such a waste (and a crapshoot, as the amp's tone will certainly change...).

Did a quick test with lead + and lead brt +. Same settings as we used in that video AND I used sm57 IR of that cab as well. Hmmm...

oh the guitar is PRS CE24. I could've used music man JP6 but it has too old strings so it would've sounded crap no matter what...

Did a quick test with lead + and lead brt +. Same settings as we used in that video AND I used sm57 IR of that cab as well. Hmmm...

oh the guitar is PRS CE24. I could've used music man JP6 but it has too old strings so it would've sounded crap no matter what...

which IR did you use here?

Oh yeah man thats got it working nice - very Recto-Y , er Recto -ie is that really a word ?
Anyway I shall have to give my own Mark IV patch a retest - I did it pre 10.12 and used the eq in the amp block and made a little v shape in the middle 5 sliders . Do you use the new Mark model eq and make the typical scooped V shape ?

AMP (block): list - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Tube_Pre - AMP (block):
Based on: a completely neutral, low-gain tube preamp, useful for “warming up” various sources or to act as a power amplifier
Cliff: "The Tube Pre model is neutral. The "Vintage" tone stack is flat. The Tube Pre model uses the Vintage tone stack. The Vintage tone stack is a passive EQ model but it has a flat response when the controls are at noon. If you want "active" EQ you need to set the type to Active Source
Because it's neutral you can use the Tube Pre if you need power amp simulation without a preamp

now that's what a Mark IV is supposed to sound like. (Man sometimes I really miss having a real Mark IV to play through) :(
I'm going to use this as a reference clip tonight when I get home and see if I can create a patch thru my Fryette->2X12 that is close to this (now that we have the 5 band EQ in 11.12 :)

Even with the Mark V right next to it, I play the Mark IV a lot it just has a thick mojo that works for chords / leads whatever you throw at it. The Mark V is much more focused which is great but it loses the playability the IV has IMO.

yep I used the new mark eQ and traditional "V", like I said, all setting just like in the video.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this new mark eq that you speak of?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently I missed a firmware and just read the release notes...

Back
Top Bottom