Some questions about axe fx 2 XL

Tonewicker

Inspired
Hi there! i got an axe fx 2 xl 3 days ago im using it via usb and i think something is wrong with me.. many presets sounds different than it should be. example: i downloaded the bulb lead patch and it has really low drive and i almost cant even get sound if i play softer.
same goes for many presets like nolly 5150 rhythm or some other preset i downloaded and i think im doing something wrong
can someone help me with this issue please ?
and sorry for bad english

Congrats on your fine, new bit of kit!

So, those presets, you got those from Axe-Change right? One of the things you need to be aware of when using posted presets in what firmware they were created with. In the case of the Periphery patches, they were made with FW 9.00. That's really old in Axe-Fx years. There have been a number of iterations on the algorithms used inside the box to make it sound so good since the 9.00 days that necessitate re-working the AMP blocks, so these presets won't just be a drop-in and go situation any more.

Looking at the "Popular Downloads" list on Axe-Change, all of the presets in that are basically too old to be useful with the latest 17.xx firmware.

hey thanks for your reply :) didnt know FW differencies are that high. can you also give my some advice for rhythm tone ? i tried many things but either its too muddy or fuzzy or more radio like coz of lot of mids. im really having a hard time to learning this unit every sound that i heard in videos/reviews/mp3's are amazing but i cant even get close to that

Better check your input level! sounds like it may be to low the input level lights on the front of the unit should light up green and yellow lights and just flicker the red when strumming hard.

are you plugged into the front input, have you tried new cord, different guitar, check input settings in I/o page. set input 1 left I think (not at my axe)

yes sir im using the front instr input tried with 3 different cables and 4 guitars as i said before i checked my input settings got no red lights. some presets sounds amazing but others are really unusual. maybe coz of the FW differency like iaresee said

yes sir im using the front instr input tried with 3 different cables and 4 guitars as i said before i checked my input settings got no red lights. some presets sounds amazing but others are really unusual. maybe coz of the FW differency like iaresee said

That & presets made for higher output guitars.

Sorry but if input is at 100% and you have no red light while playing the instrument in front input something is wrong. I blink the red lights with my input set at 25%.

Sorry but if input is at 100% and you have no red light while playing the instrument in front input something is wrong. I blink the red lights with my input set at 25%.

Depends on the guitar. If the guitar has weak pickups that is completely normal. I can't get the red LEDs to light with several of my guitars.

saying incorrect things with such assurance messes people up for a very long time as they will never question your statement. know what you're talking about before you help.

Last edited:
Hi there! i got an axe fx 2 xl 3 days ago im using it via usb and i think something is wrong with me.. many presets sounds different than it should be. example: i downloaded the bulb lead patch and it has really low drive and i almost cant even get sound if i play softer.
same goes for many presets like nolly 5150 rhythm or some other preset i downloaded and i think im doing something wrong
can someone help me with this issue please ?
and sorry for bad english

Have you tried headphones? If so, how does it sound through them?

I believe there are four USB outputs, which ones are you monitoring?

Sorry wont help any more yall are right I should and will Quit. I assumed since he stated that the patches are so lo if he plays soft there is almost no sound and input was 100% that there must be some thing wrong Besides the op, witch is what was posted.

Well you said specifically if there is no red light and his input is set to 100% then something is wrong. That's just not accurate at all. Sure, something may be wrong, but in the future if this guy doesn't get the red input light he will think something is still wrong.

I know it sucks when you try to help people but just get bitched at.

You stay. I'll leave.

Sorry If my trying to help caused any harm. I only ment to help. Please forgive me. But I now know that I got to involved in this forum and thought It was fun and helpful When in fact it just took me away from why I bought the fractal axe fx in the first place. good night.

paranoid, the forum truly is full of great, helpful people. At least one of the best of them showed up on this thread.

There may be things going on behind the scenes none of us know about that could leave someone in a bad place; bad enough to disappear for a long stretch of time. You don't need forgiving, and it's kind of a shame you wound up stepping into the thick of it. It wasn't you.

Here's some cheap advice that's easy for me to give, because I wasted years by not following it myself: try to extend compassion when someone swings at you; they could be in a state where all they can do is lash out. Let's hope that things get better for everyone. Peace on Earth, and such.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom