Some Police presets for ya

sskkmm

Power User
I have gotten so much from this forum thought I would share a few presets.

Again, Nash TC63 tele into AX8 into ASM12, and most of these are tweaked to gig levels so YMMV / YGWYPF

Attachments

• SKM-Every Breath You Take.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 788
  • SKM-King of Pain.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 539
  • SKM-Synchronicity 2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 560
  • SKM-Message in a Bottle.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 678
  • SKM-Roxanne.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 617
  • SKM-De Do Do Do.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 519
  • SKM-Every Little Thing.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 359
Absolutely love Andy Summers and by extension, the Police. I'll be downloading them and checking them out as well. Thank you sir!

Walking on the Moon...I used a diff cab, but this is not bad for stock. I use the S1/2 toggle to change the delay for during the verses.
See preset in action at: (sorry for FB link - don't have it anywhere else right now)

Attachments

• SKM-Walking on the Moon.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 346
Geat job! preset sounds great also... I think I have another one from my Axe II back up where I experimented with the looper for the G7sus4 chord to be played through the verses. It worked pretty good but it did involve tap dancing and felt it was a bit much just to get a second guitar sound for such a small part.

Thought I would share - put the Summer's style brass bridge on my tele this week, and after last night's practice realized I need to brighten up the cabs - so I have modified the Hi Cut in all the cab blocks up to about 10,000 to sound "right" in my current rig. I knew the bass would cut some of the brightness but amazed how much it really did!
CiqEt7F.jpg

Nice choice of a guitar. I'm partial to my Andy Summer replica as well.
Thanks. It's a Nash TC63 that I got a few years back before this band, and it naturally has worked out just fine. Not sure I want to bother with the preamp / phase switch electronics change though. ;)

Your band sounds spot on. Vocals were impressive. Can't wait to check out your tones. So all bridge pickup or do you use the neck bucker on any?
Thanks man - so I do use both pickups some...the neck humbucker by itself on one sting song (Another Day) for a more jazzy feel. For the police tunes it is 80% bridge.

@sskkmm , you have an excellent band there!! Really wonderful live mix on my IPad Pro. Did you ever see the thread started here by an allegedly Summers-obsessed trolling type who posted a supposed isolated MIAB Summers guitar tone offering to eat his hat if it could be reproduced on our beloved units, then proceeded to insult everyone who attempted to help, right up to and including Matt and Cliff...he has continued his bizarre journey over at the Helix forum, where much fun has been had at his expense..(we turned the thread into a Zappa appreciation area)...Anyway , I'd love to hear your stellar combo tackle Message in a Bottle live so if he rears his misshaped head again, Ive got some protection.

Walking on the Moon...I used a diff cab, but this is not bad for stock. I use the S1/2 toggle to change the delay for during the verses.
See preset in action at: (sorry for FB link - don't have it anywhere else right now)

You killed this tone. I loaded up your preset and struck the opening chord...oh, yeah!

Thought I would share - put the Summer's style brass bridge on my tele this week, and after last night's practice realized I need to brighten up the cabs - so I have modified the Hi Cut in all the cab blocks up to about 10,000 to sound "right" in my current rig. I knew the bass would cut some of the brightness but amazed how much it really did!
CiqEt7F.jpg
How do you handle the 'bucker vs. the single-coil? I have a Tele copy with a mini-bucker in the neck position. 500 K pots that work great with the bucker, but make the single-coil too brittle. I'm considering putting a 500 K resistor across the SC to tame the high end.

@sskkmm , you have an excellent band there!! Really wonderful live mix on my IPad Pro. Did you ever see the thread started here by an allegedly Summers-obsessed trolling type who posted a supposed isolated MIAB Summers guitar tone offering to eat his hat if it could be reproduced on our beloved units, then proceeded to insult everyone who attempted to help, right up to and including Matt and Cliff...he has continued his bizarre journey over at the Helix forum, where much fun has been had at his expense..(we turned the thread into a Zappa appreciation area)...Anyway , I'd love to hear your stellar combo tackle Message in a Bottle live so if he rears his misshaped head again, Ive got some protection.
Yeah I saw that. SMH.

How do you handle the 'bucker vs. the single-coil? I have a Tele copy with a mini-bucker in the neck position. 500 K pots that work great with the bucker, but make the single-coil too brittle. I'm considering putting a 500 K resistor across the SC to tame the high end.

The brass bridge really evened things out - and i rarely just use the neck bucker anyway - so it really is just a matter of making sure my presets are EQed right.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom