Some more music with 9.02

Xavi Garci

Inspired
Well, this is a productive week for me, here is another new song. I used redwire IR for this recording (Marshall 1960A-G12Ms). For some of the lead parts I used a TC vintage dual distortion, not my favourite pedal, but it was near, hahaha! Guitar is Fender 54 as usual. I hope you enjoy it. Comments are welcome. http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8820137

Nice work. I like the range of sounds you get out of your Axe.
And congrats on your charting positions on Soundclick too (#3 in electric blues :) )

Hi Xavi,

You are definitely one of my favourite Axe-Fx players. This clip shows how responsive the Axe-Fx seems to be in the right hands. The dynamic playing is also one of the main reasons why I enjoy your playing so much. Your phrasing is also admirable.

Thanks for posting and please keep doing it!

Cheers,

Mats N

Thank you very much for your kind words, Mats, I really enjoy your recordings too, and I love your backing tracks.

Xavi Garci said:
Thank you very much for your kind words, Mats, I really enjoy your recordings too, and I love your backing tracks.

Hi Xavi,

A few questions if you have time.

I have listene to your SoundClick tunes extensively today.
Which tunes were recorded with the Axe-Fx?
What guitars did you use for the tunes?
When you record the Axe-Fx do you use anythin between the guitar and the Axe-Fx or anything between the Axe-Fx and the computer soundcard?

Your clip makes it very tempting to get an Axe-Fx.

BTW, thanks for your kind words about my tunes and BTs.

Cheers,

Mats N

You da man. Serious musical playing; lots of guys can play. You make it sing. Phrasing, taste and mature sensibilities with tone and note choice. Love it.

Hi again, Mats.

All the recordings I have right now at Soundclick are made with Axe-Fx. All electric guitars, most basses, almost every acoustic and even violin are recorded with Axe. I dont use anything else for my electric guitars, except sometimes an external overdrive or wha pedal, not because it sounds better (in fact, I prefer Axe drive models) but just for convenience, because I don't have my midi pedalboard at hand.
For acoustic guitar I like to mix some real microphone signal, though it sounds quite real straight to Axe with mamabear IR. Same for violin, I have a nice acoustic violin with a Shadow pickup, it sounds amazing through Axe, and I use it straight to Axe in live concerts, but for recording I like a bit of real microphone mixed with the piezo signal.
Guitars are Fender 54 Masterbuilt, made by Tom Krause, and James Tyler Studio Elite. For my song "L.P." I used an old Ibanez Les Paul copy. Acoustic is a Martin D-28. I also have a wonderful Melancon Strat, I will record something with it very soon.

Thank you so much, Scott, your patches are very useful for me, I use your Fender patch a lot, it fits perfectly in the mix.

Thank you very much. Cliff, these sounds wouldn't be possible for me without your amazing work. Axe is the best piece of equipment I've ever had, and I've hade many through the years. The latest firmware updates have improved the sound beyond what I thought possible.

Very sweet tone, playing and melody Xavi. My only complaint was that it ended... :cry:

I really enjoyed listening to this. Thanks for sharing. :D

what i like most about it is the tones sound indistinguishable from a traditional amp rig.
and that seems to be happening more and more with axe clips, which is a good thing.

mentoneman said:
what i like most about it is the tones sound indistinguishable from a traditional amp rig.
and that seems to be happening more and more with axe clips, which is a good thing.

Yes, this is true. However, there still seems to be that elusive texture that the orange paint on the capacitors in a traditional amp add to the sonic attitude of an "amp". Cliff must find a way to replicate that.

I think the Axe does a fine job of capturing the blue, black and yellow paints on the caps but not that orange. Not yet, darn it! :lol:

.... Axe-FX is a freak of nature! I LOVE it!

totally awesome playing and sound.

How do you deal with single coil hum? I can't here any hum in your recording but your pickup choice sounds like front single coil to me.

What kind of pickups in that masterbuilt?

Thank you so much, miknshla! I don't have a big problem with single coil pickup hum, I don't use very high gain, and I don't like excessive compression either, so I just use Axe's noise gate, which I think works very well, and adjust threshold for every preset. My Fender masterbuilt has the stock pickups, they sound absolutely perfect for my taste, I haven't heard any better single coil pickup, and they aren't too noisy either. Just perfect.

Back
Top Bottom