Some Amps Use More CPU?

sprint

Axe-Master
Looks like some use as much as 6% more from what I've seen - i.e. I have 2 patches exactly the same except for amp type: one is USA Lead Brt + (G3) which takes 6% less cpu than the same patch loaded with a Class-A-30 TB (G3).

Anyone understand why?

I'm gathering it's simply because some amps' install algorithms are more complex. I've tried comparing the differences in parameters and tried to match them up but, can't get the Class A down to where the USA load is in terms of CPU usage.

I went through this too one day. Couldn't figure it out.

Various parameters in the Amp block add CPU. I'm sure there is a list somewhere but the Dynamic depth was the one that did it for me, also Out Comp increases CPU. I'm sure there are more :)

Upload the preset and I can investigate later tonight.

I went through this too one day. Couldn't figure it out. Various parameters in the Amp block add CPU. I'm sure there is a list somewhere but the Dynamic depth was the one that did it for me, also Out Comp increases CPU. I'm sure there are more :) Upload the preset and I can investigate later tonight.

I just compared the stock versions of those 2 amps and got that 6% difference. I knew about output comp but not Dynamic Depth which I'll take a look at tomorrow (I've shut down for tonight -:) ). Thanks for the reply.

Checked Dynamic Depth - It's turned off on both amps so that's not the difference. Not big deal really - just curious about this. I'll post the two presets tomorrow - must sleep now - fading fast ...

Some Amp block functions such as output compression use a bit of the 2nd CPU.

Back
Top Bottom