Some ambient noodly tests. Only for the most curious...

@simeon What interface are you using? Can you use this in real time or are the effects from your plugins/Ableton being done in post?
Also, what plugins are you using?
Thanks for any info. These sound great.

i'm using the axe as the interface, connected to the laptop via usb. the laptop is "wet only", so the fx are being mixed with the direct signal by the axe. out 1 is going to my audio interface. i have an ableton live set running on the laptop with chains of plugins set up on various channel strips. at the beginning of each chain is the "utility" plugin that has a "mute" parameter. that mute parameter is mapped to a button in my lemur template, so i can use the button to send audio into the plugin chain. i can run several chains at once. most of the chains feed a global reverb and also feed an instance of the augustus looper plugin, so i can loop stuff. so basically, the laptop is behaving like an fx unit with various "patches" set up, which i can load in any combination with any axe fx patch. i also have a couple of other ableton sets (with corresponding lemur templates for control). one contains a few fx and four loopers and the other contains an instance of mobius looper with fx for loop treatment and lots of button to run scripts. i'll post some pics in a bit.

as for plugins...there are many. some of my favourites are byome, valhalla reverbs and delays, abletons beat repeat, several different granular plugins, reaktor, lexicon reverbs, expertsleepers crossfade loop synth and augustus looper, plus some of the ableton delays and filters.

really interested in this as well? Could I ask if you’ve used the Fishman Tripleplay or thought of using it in conjunction or if this is possible bringing the Bluetooth into the mix

i haven't tried the tripleplay, although it does look interesting. it would certainly be fairly trivial to integrate into a setup like this. one iteration of my mobius layout had a heavily effected rhodes in it, which i could play via a keyboard in the lemur layout (you can have several "pages" and flip between them).
i was into guitar synthesis for a while and had a couple of the roland guitar synths, but hated the latency and i never felt totally connected to what i was hearing. the VG88 was much better, but limited sound-wise. so i eventually decided that i was going to try and do everything i wanted to do solely with dsp processing.
i still have a GI-10 and did have a guitar with a roland pick up on it. i used this setup to play sounds using monolake's granulator plugin loaded into ableton, which contained bell samples, piano samples and samples of my own guitar. you can hear a performance of this on my "live at tuesday's post" album on bandcamp. i don't have a guitar with synth pickup on it at the moment, but i might like to revisit that idea again in the future.

Back
Top Bottom