[Solved] Record Amp'd and Direct via Rows Not working

I used to have my patches set up on my Axe FX II with two rows. Row 2 would be Amp Cab route,
Row 4 was just Cable going all the way across to the end. "DRY"
In the output section I would pan row 2 hard left and row 4 hard right, that would send the AES/EBU to two different channels in ProTools. what you ended up with was one track of AMped guitar, and one Dry Guitar to be re'amped in with a software plugin if desired.

With the Axe III i tried to build the same idea but using Input Block then cable all the way to Output block, but when i pan hard left and right all i get through the AES/EBU is two tracks of the exact same amped guitar. No dry guitar????? I trierd looking in I/O but with every combination i tried, my old idea did not work. I hate using USB so am just trying to get this box to do the same as it's little brother could easily do.
Any ideas why it's not working?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Phantom.

Show a screenshot of your Axe3 preset and the output block setting, or upload the preset.

Show a screenshot of your Axe3 preset and the output block setting, or upload the preset.

are there any video tutorials by fractal that would teach me how to use the new box. The II was so much easier to dial in.
why won't you provide what i'm asking so we can help?

"how to use" it is a huge topic. you are experiencing one very specific issue. learning "how to use" it would not help here.

the Axe3 is definitely easier to use, echoed by many - if not all - users.

You are using the Out 2 block. That sends the signal to Output 2. Connect the dry row to Output 1 since you are using Output 1.

This could have been solved on August 12 :)
In this case would it not be much simpler to just ignore all the panning and just send Output 1 L as the wet signal and Output 2 L as the dry signal?

OP - to clarify the answer Chris provided, the Axe Fx II and III are different. There are 4 separate output blocks. With the II you were running 2 grid lines all the way to the Output section. If you want to do the same thing, you need to connect your dry signal to Output 1 at the end, not Output 2.

thank you. let me try it. this new Axe has almost too many choices to get any work done. A guitar player could get lost just tweaking for all eternity.

to the output 2, that i have here, where does that go to? A different output physical output than AES? I have all outputs going to AES/EBU??? Fractal should make some video tutorials on the ins and outs of this new box. it would be quite helpful.

to the output 2, that i have here, where does that go to? A different output physical output than AES? I have all outputs going to AES/EBU??? Fractal should make some video tutorials on the ins and outs of this new box. it would be quite helpful.
My apologies... I totally overlooked that part of your post. You would need to use the Output 2 jack on the back...

Follow what Chris said... Or use USB.

it's already in the User Manual:

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 4.11.09 PM.png

Output 1 goes to Output 1 on the rear.

Output 2 goes to Output 2 on the rear.

Sorry, I have lost the use of one of my eyes and have trouble reading the manual. I put a screen in front of my computer screen to read posts. Been trying to do as much as i can with minimal reading. I am hoping to one day get some of the use of my eye back. It sucks to play sometimes because when i look down at my guitar neck, it's kind of warped and funhouse mirror looking.
This is really cool. thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. Now i am wondering if the way i do it is the best way. I always re amped with software instead of the Axe II back when i had it. I got too much latency when running the signal from my interface back to the Axe II then back into the Interface. If I use USB instead, does that mean I don't have to use an interface to record? That may solve my old latency problem. Plugins are nice to reamp but would love to have this option with the Axe III.

Sorry, I have lost the use of one of my eyes and have trouble reading the manual. I put a screen in front of my computer screen to read posts. Been trying to do as much as i can with minimal reading. I am hoping to one day get some of the use of my eye back. It sucks to play sometimes because when i look down at my guitar neck, it's kind of warped and funhouse mirror looking.
This is really cool. thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. Now i am wondering if the way i do it is the best way. I always re amped with software instead of the Axe II back when i had it. I got too much latency when running the signal from my interface back to the Axe II then back into the Interface. If I use USB instead, does that mean I don't have to use an interface to record? That may solve my old latency problem. Plugins are nice to reamp but would love to have this option with the Axe III.
If you use USB, then you can use the Axe Fx to monitor. No latency! :)

Back
Top Bottom