[Solved] Looper cuts when switching patches

Thank you for the great job.
Can you tell us what is fixed: disapearing part of the running loop and/or the cuts when switching patches?

Looper seems to be fixed as far as switching patches.

However,
Looper is still hit or miss on release of the record switch. There may be 1/4-1/2 second delay before the riff starts. I have had no luck in getting consistent looping rhythms. I can loop with a Jam Man in the upper 90%. AXE FX looper is in low 10% as far as looping accuracy. Anyone else???

Using MFC 101

However,
Looper is still hit or miss on release of the record switch. There may be 1/4-1/2 second delay before the riff starts. I have had no luck in getting consistent looping rhythms. I can loop with a Jam Man in the upper 90%. AXE FX looper is in low 10% as far as looping accuracy. Anyone else???

Using MFC 101

I gave up and bought RC3 :) theres too much areas where AXE looper needs to improve to be usable. And i guess its not on the priority list. All in all having separate looper works better for me.

However,

Using MFC 101

I'm not a looper guru by any means but it seems to be working fine with my setup now...no delays!
I have one pedal on my FCB1010 set to record and the other as Play and if I hit it again it stops the riff (or restarts it)

Animal, are you saying that you can control the "out point" of your loop within a 64-128th note? That's with the FCB1010 right?

Not 100% sure what you mean?
I tried both the front panel and using the FCB1010 and its seemless when I hit PLAY ...have you tried using the REC, PLAY in the looper block itself? Try comparing that to the MFC

Getting a nicely working looper would be huge for me too. Looking forward to the new firmware!

The new firmware addresses the looper cutting off portions of the loop when patches are changed.

I am talking about setting the first loop's out point correctly. I am getting a little better at it but it is very difficult for me to get a nice out point. I need to anticipate a lag that is sometimes there. getting the looper to set an out point at the end of measure is the test. Can anyone do this where it works good enough in a band situation? It takes me 4-10 tries to get the end right. I have tried the JamMan looper and can do it mostly every time. Maybe it's my shoes? They are pretty soft bottomed.

The new firmware addresses the looper cutting off portions of the loop when patches are changed.

I am talking about setting the first loop's out point correctly. I am getting a little better at it but it is very difficult for me to get a nice out point. I need to anticipate a lag that is sometimes there. getting the looper to set an out point at the end of measure is the test. Can anyone do this where it works good enough in a band situation? It takes me 4-10 tries to get the end right. I have tried the JamMan looper and can do it mostly every time. Maybe it's my shoes? They are pretty soft bottomed.
What kind of midi pedal are you using? If your instant access switches are latching, you might want to try switching to momentary type instead.

I don't have any problems now. The LF Pro has a delay setting for your IA switches. I have mine set at the default setting (110 I think). But...I also have my switch set to momentary & I hold it down to record & release it to begin looping.

out of curiosity....
was the looper itself fixed? or was the X-Y amp switching audio cut improved upon???

Back
Top Bottom