(Solved) Less grit in 1.13 and 1.14??

is9582

Power User
Is it only me that feels like this occurred?? As far as I am aware, nothing else has changed in and of my setup. Same guitar, powered speakers, cables, and even pick and strings. Just doesn’t seem to have as much of the old saturated overdrive sustain. Seems more articulate now to me. One amp specifically is the MKII C++.

Since I haven’t noticed anyone else posting similar issues I’ll guess it’s pissible something could be awry with my settings? Certainly not my first rodeo, as I’ve had an Ultra, II, II XL+ (Still have this one) and now the III.

Anyone else, or are my ears blown.

Lee

Last edited:
For what it's worth you're not alone. I thought the same thing... Figured my ears were just having one of those days.

I also have those days when my hearing is not so bad, my mind is happy and and focused on music, the air in the room is good and my position to monitors is very good.
These days are the good days...and everything sounds better :)

We hear what we want to hear and see what we want to see.

If a pickpocket were to meet a saint, he’d see only his pockets and never see the saint ;)

Solved!

I was again playing on the Preset that initiated this thread (one that I made from scratch), and went in to edit via the front panel. I wanted to see what if there was anything obvious I might still adjust (I used Axe-Edit to build the preset) to bring the amps/cabs to life. Imagine my surprise when both amps were set to basic starting values (5 on almost everything in the first two pages). So in short order I dialed up an awesome C++ with just what I was looking for. All I can figure is I didn’t hit save when closing the initial build in Axe-Edit.

I’m stoked that it was all UE (user error) on this one, and NOT a problem with my unit! Sorry for the waste of good virtual ink!

Lee

My issue right now also on same amp is not so much the amp settings but how much the IRs influence the tone I'm after.

Spent most of last night working towards that Justice 4 All tone I had in my AX8... I'm very very new owner of AXE3.

Started out kinda bummed out and then ended up Amazed by what the end result was. The problem for me is the feast on the table has so many choices that sometimes it gets a little cloudy to find that sound.

What I wish was that the cab block had a next IR button so I can just step through them outside the picker.... if this exists I haven't found it yet.

Sorry to derail your thread a little but to stay on topic I feel your pain in the sense the AXE3 is pro, and many choices, but the world of sounds are in there...anything...Im convinced if you think it you can dial it in. All the above is why I'm taking that master class Cooper is offering soon.

What I wish was that the cab block had a next IR button so I can just step through them outside the picker.... if this exists I haven't found it yet.

If using the front panel simply highlight the IR number and turn the Value dial or use the appropriate soft-knob.

Back
Top Bottom