SOLVED. FM9 Edit not connecting over USB

jetdriver1775

Experienced
Hey guys. I downloaded FM9 edit and just opened the box and connected my new FM9, and it won’t show up in FM9 edit. I use the usual cable that I use with my FM3 but tried a different one just in case. No dice. Any ideas?

Here's another solution. I installed the driver first but FM-9 Edit still did not connect on my PC laptop. After trying several restarts and different sequences of plugging things in, I went to the Preferences menu on FM9 and de-selected and then re-selected the inputs. That solved it.

I'm having the same issue and not sure what to do exactly. it's not showing up in the menu for the usb driver for some reason and definitely doesn't show up in FM9 edit. I installed the latest driver.
EDIT: I figured it out after changing the USB cable it still didn't work initially. I had to reboot the FM9 again for it to be recognized by the system. all working now.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue and not sure what to do exactly. it's not showing up in the menu for the usb driver for some reason and definitely doesn't show up in FM9 edit. I installed the latest driver.
EDIT: I figured it out after changing the USB cable it still didn't work initially. I had to reboot the FM9 again for it to be recognized by the system. all working now.
I did all this as well still nothing working ..Tried 2 different pcs one 64 bit the other 32bit and no connect ??

Please test with the standalone version of Fractal-Bot.
If the driver has been correctly installed and the cable and FM9 are working, you should be able to select the FM9 in step 1 and then the Input and output port names will automatically populate and connect. You will then see three green checks.

1677767154444.png

Reinstalled all drivers brand new usb 2 cable ..Stand alone port 1 shows fm9 but other ports only option is (none) or microsoft wave table ..Running 4.00 on the fm9 ??

I recieved my FM9 in Feb. It has the latest of USB and I downloaded the latest FM Bot and Edit, changed various cables, even a new windows 10 PC and nothing. Any suggestions?

Also, I only get two options in fractal BOT

I had the same issue with no instructions working , installed both of the windows c++ drivers and that didn't work, but there's a 3rd driver to Install, and that is the windows usb driver, I went to fractalaudio.com/fm9-downloads/ and at the bottom it will say windows usb driver 3.83 MB, once I installed that it loaded it up perfectly, didn't even have to restart the computer for fm9 unit to connect. Hopefully fractal will put a link to that in the fm9 edit install page because it is misleading, I thought I only needed the two c++ visual ones too, come to find out my computer already had updated versions of those but not the usb driver, well not anymore I deleted those and installed the old c++ ones for which it didn't work so I would try the usb one in the link before doing the c++ ones, I did that one a separate laptop to see if that would work and it just needed the usb driver download not the other two c++ ones, hope this helps.

Same issue on a new Lenovo Win11 laptop. Eventually worked with installing SW in this order: 1) Windows Driver, 2) Fractal Bot, 3) FM9 Edit. Rebooted everything and all good.

Just posting here as well as in my thread. I can't get the FM9 Edit Windows app to even see the FM9. Also, when trying to go into Settings > Preferences > Ports the only choices for both input and output are "None". I will say that even though the app doesn't see the FM9, my PC is responding to it. If I turn off the unit while connected to a USB port, I get the USB chime on my PC, same when I turn it on. In fact, after the FM9 finishes going through its boot cycle, I get another USB tone, indicating my computer sees the device. Nothing in the app, though.

Just posting here as well as in my thread. I can't get the FM9 Edit Windows app to even see the FM9. Also, when trying to go into Settings > Preferences > Ports the only choices for both input and output are "None". I will say that even though the app doesn't see the FM9, my PC is responding to it. If I turn off the unit while connected to a USB port, I get the USB chime on my PC, same when I turn it on. In fact, after the FM9 finishes going through its boot cycle, I get another USB tone, indicating my computer sees the device. Nothing in the app, though.
I am assuming you've installed the FM9 driver?

If so and it still doesn't work, here's a thread that has common troubleshooting for this:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-connection-issues-with-the-editor-help-is-here.194108/

Back
Top Bottom