[SOLVED] Can no longer connect via USB

Max_H

Inspired
So I went out of town for the weekend and when I returned I found that my PC would no longer recognize the Axe FX as a possible audio interface or sound card. My PC makes the tone when you plug in a device (plays it twice actually) but Axe Edit/Fractal Bot/Ableton/Logic no longer "see" it. Also in my sound settings the Axe FX doesn't show up.

Attempted fixes:
Tried different USB ports
Tried different USB cables
Redownloaded the driver for the Axe FX (and yes, the right one)
Unplugged everything and rebooted, nothing.
Redownloaded Axe Edit and Fractal Bot

Everything was working just fine a few days ago and when I returned nothing works.
BTW I'm running Q9.01 beta

p.s. I feel like I'm doing/not doing something simple or obvious.

Last edited:
Update:

After a few hours of frustratingly being out of ideas, I traversed over to the Device Manager in the Control Panel and found all my connected devices. At the bottom of the page showed my Axe FX with a yellow caution symbol next to it. Right click -> Properties and it showed a message stating something along the lines of "Cannot load driver due to an older version being present in the system memory."

I thought "How odd." So I uninstalled the device and deleted the drivers, then it seems to work just fine after a quick redownload.

In any case, all fixed now.

Last edited:
I've got a similar problem on my Mac; Pro Tools doesn't see AxeFx as input. Mac OS, Roland Octa-Capture, AxeFx, and Pro Tools all currently updated?

Back
Top Bottom