[solved] 2290/mod delay broken?

gberto

Inspired
Hey, I recently noticed that after the update to v12.0 the 2290/mod delay is broken in my AxeFX III.

When I select it, I get no volume coming out of the block. The meters show a signal on output, and the signal appears to have delay applied, but there is no signal.

I haven't had a chance to update again yet, is this something that was fixed in a more recent update?

Any chance you have this placed before the amp block?
Check the Phase Reverse setting on the Modulation Page. Set to None if placed before the amp.

Any chance you have this placed before the amp block?
Check the Phase Reverse setting on the Modulation Page. Set to None if placed before the amp.

No, it's after the amp.

oh if i had a pound...

Thanks for the cynicism... :confused:

Sorry to have annoyed you. I did a quick search and didn't find this.

Instead of posting three responses of snark at me you could have just pointed me to the info I needed 🤷‍♂️

Do you have any mono happening after the delay block, or are you monitoring in mono?
If you post the preset I can have a look later.

i wasn't being snarky at you, gberto. sorry if you took it that way! wired already answered your question, but to add more detail....the 2290 has one side phase reversed, so if it runs into a block that sums L&R, the two sides will cancel each other out and the delay will disappear. the amp block, cab block and a few other blocks do this. if you move the delay to the end of your chain and you still don't hear it, then you're summing the outputs....either at the axe (check the global settings for the output you're using) or later in the audio chain. if you do hear it last in the chain, then move it back along the line one block at a time, or just check the input settings of the blocks you have in your preset to find the offending block.

i wasn't being snarky at you, gberto. sorry if you took it that way!
Simeon’ remarks were totally not aimed at you, OP. Allow us forum veterans to crack some inside jokes once in a while.

All good, but surely you can see how as someone new seeing the responses here without knowing any background context it appeared somewhat less than helpful.

wired already answered your question, but to add more detail....the 2290 has one side phase reversed, so if it runs into a block that sums L&R, the two sides will cancel each other out and the delay will disappear. the amp block, cab block and a few other blocks do this. if you move the delay to the end of your chain and you still don't hear it, then you're summing the outputs....either at the axe (check the global settings for the output you're using) or later in the audio chain. if you do hear it last in the chain, then move it back along the line one block at a time, or just check the input settings of the blocks you have in your preset to find the offending block.

Thanks, that helps. At one of the last gigs I did I summed the outputs to accommodate a monitoring situation I had to deal with. That must be why I suddenly have no sound out of the 2290.

So there is a way to work around this? Is it the setting in the Modulation Page @Wired mentioned above?

While it's a "fix" to no sound, you also are now NOT getting the 2290 "sound" because that is dependent on the phase reversal.

Anything else you'd recommend? Sounds like it's all I can do if I want to use it.

I'm not really worried about it being "the sound", I'm just looking for things that sound good to me

Anything else you'd recommend? Sounds like it's all I can do if I want to use it.

I'm not really worried about it being "the sound", I'm just looking for things that sound good to me
If you like it without the phase reverse then there's nothing to stop you from using it that way, but the 2290 is famous for that particular stereo sound with one side phase reversed.

Back
Top Bottom