Solution to dim LED's on MFC

tommy2000

Greetings,

Been enjoying the hell out of my new Axe FX and MFC, however found the LED's on the MFC uber-bright! Decided to try out something I found through the Internets called "LightDims" (LightDims: Dim Led Lights, Halos Around Lights For Light Sensitive Eyes!). Bought a set from Amazon and was thrilled with the results. Easy to apply, and easy to remove if you wanted to. Can't vouch for the longevity, since I just put the on today. But you get a bunch in the order, so I'll just put a new one on if needed. That said, they seem to stick pretty well.

Here's a few before and after pix, should be pretty apparent which is which. I've no association with the folks that make them, just a happy guy with less retina burn from the LED's. :)

Tom

Dim1.JPG

dim2.jpg

i just use white sticky paper labels. tare off an appropriately sized piece. same label i use as stomp labels.

Regards,

Hey all! My long term (and very very brief) experience of these is that they are great and do exactly what they say, but I found they come off far too easily and don't remain 'stuck' to the curve of the MFC LED.

Hello. I had a couple of packs of these (from nearly 3 years back I think) and ended up coming up with my own 'DIY' solution, which is essentially hole-punching black gaffer tape and sticking the punched circles on the MFC. It ends up giving a rather spooky halo effect, but works just great and they tend not to come off as easily as the lightdims.

Hope that helps!

How are you?

IIRC, Yek applies or used to apply a piece of transparent normal tape over the LEDs and said it worked well for dimming down the brightness of the LEDs.
Haven't tried it myself though, just thought I'd pass the idea on

Back
Top Bottom