Solution for my fly dates.......

rnjscooter

Power User
Hey everyone. So with my Axe-Fx II, I was running output 1 FRFR to my in-ears and FOH, output 2 to my Matrix GT1000FX to two cabs for the backline.

Now with my Axe-Fx III, I see no way to physically rack all my gear and keep it under 50lbs, so I dont get hit for extra baggage fees. So a thought occurred......... Do I even need my Matrix amp anymore, but it allows my backline to be in full STEREO....

So, what if I ran out of my Axe-Fx III into the effects loop of the always supplied Marshall head on my fly dates, and then into the 2 supplied cabs..... Question, are Marshall head effects loops stereo? And if so, I could run from the Axe-Fx III, a Dual TS to single TRS into the return of the Marshall head, and the 2 cabs would pick up my stereo split, ping ponging, etc?

OR, is it NOT stereo, and thus, I would need to somehow sum my stereo presets it leaves output 2 of my Axe-Fx III, so that the Marshall Fx loop would receive both sides of my ping ponged delays? Thereby insuring that I hear everything summed in the backline cabinets? This way I hear both the ping and the pong, haha. Make sense?

Man, I barely understand what I just asked, I hope you all can:confused:

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

H

So, what if I ran out of my Axe-Fx III into the effects loop of the always supplied Marshall head on my fly dates, and then into the 2 supplied cabs..... Question, are Marshall head effects loops stereo?

A Marshall head is MONO, to do stereo you'd need 2 heads and two cabinets.

A Marshall head is MONO, to do stereo you'd need 2 heads and two cabinets.

thats what I thought. So saying that, if thats all I have to work with at the show, what would be the best way to sum my signal as it exits out 2 so I dont lose have my delays?

L+R Sum in global output settings.
This. But run through your presets to make sure there are no weird phase artifacts that arise from summing to mono. If there are, you’ll have to edit them to remove the artifacts.

Looks like I found my solution everyone. Should I be force into a mono Marrshall, go to I/O and set output 2, or output of my choice, from stereo to sum l+r. Done!

thank everyone!

Back
Top Bottom