solo shows

The_Kid

Experienced
So, those of you using the Ultra with an acoustic...are you using the axe as the sole device? How do you have your patch setup for guitar/vocals together? I'd like to do this for my solo acoustic shows, but curious how others have achieved it.

For the real basic setup you can do as follows if you run in stereo:
Plug guitar to input1 left, Mic into input1 right (mic needs a preamp to get level right)... Both on the back inputs

Then your chain could be
Mixer left. Amp1. Cab. Whatever For guitar
Mixer right Amp2. Cab. Delay chorus, etc for vocals

I'll have access to my ultra late this evening and could send over an example if you don't find one before then.

For my solo/duet shows, I plan on using a Bose L1 System.

Running vcl mics direct to the Bose w/fx and the guitars to the Axe to the Bose.
I use both electric and acoustic guitars during my duet shows.

No need for a separate monitor as the L1 can be placed conveniently behind you and to the side. It fills up the room!

I dont run stereo...usually only run one main speaker, and one monitor. and I can run a more elaborate chain, but simple sounds really. I was thinking of running vox and guitar into separate inputs, and using a separate input 'chain'. guitar input 1, vocals input 2, then using the tube preamp to help add some warmth/level to the vocals. maybe a touch reverb on vocals, some slight chorus on the guitar, and call it show time.
does that make sense?

Sorry, I thought our other guitar player would have his laptop this evening so will try to catch up with him again this weekend to grab a patch sample.

Back
Top Bottom