Solid 7-pin to 7-pin midi cable

GreenTea

Inspired
Used to use Rocktron RMM900 midi cables, they worked. But, because I was consistently a little tough on them, they kept "not working." Went with a suggestion of another member to look at the Best-Tronics midi cables. Just wanted to report fast shipping and nice, sturdy sleeve cover (compared with my Rocktrons). A lot of you all probably have gone with different cabling for the MFC-101; but, I am still using the LFJr. So, if it's a helpful reference for a new midi cable, here you go:
Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: Fractal_Audio

I know no diff in "sound" quality. But, hopefully, they will last a few more gigs than the RMM900's. :)

(fwiw looks like they also have ethernet cabling for the MFC)

Last edited:
Used to use Rocktron RMM900 midi cables, they worked. But, because I was consistently a little tough on them, they kept "not working." Went with a suggestion of another member to look at the Best-Tronics midi cables. Just wanted to report fast shipping and nice, sturdy sleeve cover (compared with my Rocktrons). A lot of you all probably have gone with different cabling for the MFC-101; but, I am still using the LFJr. So, if it's a helpful reference for a new midi cable, here you go:
Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: Fractal_Audio

I know no diff in "sound" quality. But, hopefully, they will last a few more gigs than the RMM900's. :)

(fwiw looks like they also have ethernet cabling for the MFC)

It's like somebody was reading my mind.....I was just thinking that I need to find a better 7 pin because the Rocktrons just don't last.

Thanks!

Nice find!!! My Rocktron 5 to 7 pin cable just crapped out on me. I haven't even gigged with it. It just sits there. I was trying to use the Direct Control feature of my LFP and could not get it to work. Finally I swapped the 5 to 7 for the 7 pin cable and it worked. I prefer the 5 to 7 so I can have my LFP and Axe Edit connected via my MIDI merger. I will soon be ordering one of these best tronics cables.

Thanks for the link. I've been using the rocktrons - knock on wood - so far so good but I'm going to order one of them best-tronics ones just to be safe. Those look much sturdier.

been using their cable for years now. Just orderd 50' of the cable so i could rewire my interface, and make a longer cable. funny how well they pack the cables, you will get a kick out of that ;)

Back
Top Bottom